Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 23-02-2020 09:49 PM)
SalK
Student
Options

Hello,

I bought a brand new Samsung 4k UHD TV (Model: UE40NU7120) from Argos about 4 days ago and i'm having an issue with the sound cutting out. This issue occurs both over HDMI and when i connected my hitachi sound bar via digital optical cable (I have now disconnected the soundbar and I am using the TV speakers). After about 45 mins to 1 hour the sound just cuts out. The strange thing is when the sound cuts out the tv remote also stops working with the exception of the power button. I have to hold the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds which will turn the tv off and when i turn it back on the sound is back but after 45 mins the sound cuts out again. I've tried every fix available on the internet, i've done multiple factory resets, changed the sound options, i've done everything yet it is still happening. Posting on here is my last resort before taking the tv back for a refund. Can any body help? 

71 REPLIES 71
mpaoletti1
Journeyman
Options

You sound so smart. Wish I understood what you mean. Not too technical at my house.  I agree, Samsung has not been responsive. Right now my hdmi is the connection to my tv and cable box. I appreciate your input. 

0 Likes
SHearst
First Poster
Options

I had the problem of the sound cutting out after 60 seconds. Had owned the TV for one month and it worked fine.   Changing the channel solved the audio problem.  I swapped out the cable box, the cable to the wall, to no avail.  Finally purchased a new HDMI cable to go from the cable box to the TV.  The problem has gone away!  I would try all the cables first.  Had a similar problem in the past with a surround sound system and it turned out to be an HDMI cable.

mpaoletti1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I used hdmi that came with it but I can try a new one and also switch out cable tv cable. Appreciate the tip. 

bobkeigher
Student
Options

I replaced all the cables, installed a new Direct TV receiver. I put a new TV with all the same cables and had no audio issues. For some reason, this model ( or maybe just my unit) does not work properly with Direct TV. It works fine with all other media sources.  

0 Likes
dbrock35
Student
Options

I was isolating the problem to Network or TV audio or Optical audio. When I found the TV to be solid that told me the network was fine and TV speakers fine so it had to be the Optical.  The optical is also dependent on the cable and the conneection on my receiver.  I then connected the fiber optic cable to the alternate connection on the reciever (Video 5 on my front panel).   Walah -within 5 minutes I knew the problem was my receiver's Video1 optical not the Samsung  and not the cable.   Samsung Dave's Fav once again

0 Likes
Atl
Apprentice
Options

Having the same problem. Did troubleshooting w/samsung rep. to no avail. Bought TV in Dec. Time for a service call. Last Samsung I will buy. Best Buy recommended Samsung over the LG

0 Likes
deeray
Apprentice
Options

I bought the samsung nu6900 50" at Best Buy in December. Immediately started with the same issue you are having. After 3 mins. there is a crackling sound, then all sound cuts out, and I have to switch to another channel then back. I immediately returned it and got a new one. The same thing is happening! So annoying. Came here looking for a solution, but may have to just return it and get a more reliable brand. Not even sure it's  worth trying to contact Samsung. I'm sure they already know all about it.

Atl
Apprentice
Options

We have contacted samsung on several occasions to no avail.  We then contacted Best Buy who tried troubleshooting to no avail.  We called Comcast, who suggested it might be our cable box. Haven't replaced as we would lose all dvr recordings and don't even know if it will resolve the problem.  Has anyone else replaced their cable box?

0 Likes
ramhead1
First Poster
Options

I have replaced the box. Did not fix. You will NOT lose any recordings.

0 Likes
Patwhite1978
Journeyman
Options

We have the same problem. We have gone through all the possible steps to trouble shoot this problem and thought it might be of help to someone else.  They are as follows:

Bought a 50in tv from Costco in November and within a couple of weeks the sound started cutting out.  We did the usual, switch hdmis , change cables, swapped out Comcast cable box.  Nothing fixed the problem and the Costco concierge desk suggested returning the tv. So, we returned it one month later, in December , and since the 55in was now  on sale for the same price we bought that.  Low and behold, the same thing started and since we just didn't think it could happen to 2  TVs we started the process of trouble shooting our cable company, Comcast.  We have swapped out another cable box, we have put the main box on this tv, we have rerun cable using the highest quality, we have changed hdmi cables again, and have updated software on both Samsung and Comcast.  We have connected a dvr  player and got perfect video but no sound. We have connected our previous Samsung tv, a 32 in about 5 yrs old and it works fine.  Now we are just outside the 90 day return policy from Costco so are having to deal with Samsung, since we are still within warranty.  We have had to do all the same things with 2 different agents before we were finally given a repair ticket. So now we wait. We were told they would fix it or refund our money. 
I will update with the final solution. 

0 Likes