Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 40MU6120 Help

(Topic created on: 26-11-2017 02:08 PM)
HopesAnchor131
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

New member and soon to be a new and first time Samsung TV owner. I've purchased the 40MU6120 and I am after some advice. This is my first 4K TV, I have noticed it has 3 HDMI ports but I'm hearing and seeing Samsung like to lock HDR to one HDMI port on these cheaper TVs??

This is pretty annoying if so as I'm planning to connect a PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and a Virgin Media V6 box to it. Am I going to be restricted to HDR only on one system?? I purchased this TV primarily for 4K HDR gaming so I'm going to be upset if I'm having to swap or be forced to choose between them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@HopesAnchor131 wrote:

Hello all,

New member and soon to be a new and first time Samsung TV owner. I've purchased the 40MU6120 and I am after some advice. This is my first 4K TV, I have noticed it has 3 HDMI ports but I'm hearing and seeing Samsung like to lock HDR to one HDMI port on these cheaper TVs??

This is pretty annoying if so as I'm planning to connect a PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and a Virgin Media V6 box to it. Am I going to be restricted to HDR only on one system?? I purchased this TV primarily for 4K HDR gaming so I'm going to be upset if I'm having to swap or be forced to choose between them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Know this post was a little while ago now, however for all those interested US community recently confirmed that HDR is supported on all HDMI ports in the 2017 MU series -was not the case with some earlier models.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.