Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED} Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet

(Topic created on: 27-02-2020 04:07 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If you TV is no longer connecting to wifi, this solution worked for many of us.  Press and hold the power button on the Samsung TV Remote until the TV shuts off and comes back on. Then configure for the wifi.

Cheers,

Barbara

24 REPLIES 24
surfshoptom
Journeyman
Options

I just solved the wifi problem.  I tried everything.  I called Samsung twice and they helped me try everything again. Finally, the second gal said I have a problem that they don't know anything about and I needed to call a  licensed Samsung repair facility.  So I called.  They said they would come out for $109 to assess the fix and charge me possibly more to fix the TV.  I said thanks but no.  I found a used wifi module on Ebay.  I installed it today and wifi works perfect!  The first Samsung tech gal was rude and unhelpful.  The second gal was more knowlegeable and helpful, but lied through her teeth when she said Samsung has no knowledge of any wifi issues.  THEY SHOULD STEP UP AND GIVE EVERYONE A NEW WIFI MODULE AS SOON AS THEY CALL.  THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND SEEM TO BE USING IT AS A PROFIT CENTER FOR THEIR SERVICE REPS. BS.

Von2001
Journeyman
Options

Thank you!! Barbara 
Holding power button until the tv came back on

Worked for me !!

ElJomo10
First Poster
Options

Thank you! This actually FINALLY worked! 

Von2001
Journeyman
Options
Great!!
It’s a glitch , because I still have to do it from time to time but it at least works :smiling-face:
0 Likes
tvsusie
First Poster
Options

I have had this issue once before and resetting the tv from the romote worked then.  It's happened again and I've tried everything listed, and nothing is working.

Von2001
Journeyman
Options

Same here 😞

i just keep resetting tv 

my tv , I don’t know if that can hurt the tv but I’m out of options 

0 Likes
Robbier1
First Poster
Options

Hi. I hold the power button down on remote and it turns off. But red light keeps blinking and doesn't turn back on until I let button go and push again?.. Then goes back to same screen. 

0 Likes
Von2001
Journeyman
Options

I just hold the power button on the Samsung tv remote it turns off for a few seconds the the screen opens back and the I let off of the start button, it comes back up To my

qled logo   I’m not sure why yours won’t reload 

have you checked for updates maybe?

0 Likes
Dolph
Explorer
Options
Go into the router. Rename 5ghz name or if you can’t disable 2.4 ghz. It has issues switching between them. It worked for me.
0 Likes