Support

Open search

SAMSUNG QE49Q7CAM screen turns off / goes blank with lines issue ?

First Poster

Hi
Had this tv for just over 2 months now

Tv had been working fine for say 3-4 weeks , no issues.
Then one night i fell asleep watching youtube via the tv app ....when woke up at 11.50pm ...the tv was not on the youtube app ...it was on the screen where it says hdmi / xbox not connected ...and screen was going on and off with coloured lines across screen is certain areas ....and also the home bar or whatever its called was on the screen ...so shut tv down and put back on again and youtube would not work.
So reset tv and apps and all was fine.
A week later while playing my xbox , after tv had been on for say 5 hours ...i had same sort of issue where screen went off for say 2-3 seconds , then back on , then off again with coloured lines ...and might do this a few times ...sound still coming out of sound bar no problem.
Tv was ok after that , so few days later it happened again , late at night ...so thought maybe xbox , so tried different hdmi lead , moved xbox , moved one connect box just incase was getting hot ....but happened again a week later .
It was only seeming to happen on my xbox ....besides the first time.
So had xbox apart , changed thermal past , changed settings in xbox as other recommended on net...but happened again few days later.
Well been fine for 4 days ...so thought issue has gone , xbox running fine , no screen turning off issue.....until last night.
Got to say 11.30 ...watching youtube ...and the issue happened again...so not xbox .
Sounding like issue with tv panel or one connect box .
I have checked for any updates and non out at mo.
Looked into another connect box , but at £200 for second hand one ...i thought i should not be spending that if under warranty with company i bought it off on ebay .
I have had a look in the factory settings mode for any errors , but no idea what to look for... is there anything i can do to help pinpoint the issue?
I heard the fibre optic cable can be an issue and have made sure its not bent etc ...all looks good.

I looked in the menu to check hardware , test page or something like that and all basically check out sept CPU, says failure.
Ram etc works fine ......dont know if suppose to fail on cpu test or not lol

Just trying to get to the bottom of this as starting to become a pain.

 

Any help most appreciated

Karl

10 REPLIES 10
Black Belt 

@karlos103 wrote:

Hi
Had this tv for just over 2 months now

Tv had been working fine for say 3-4 weeks , no issues.
Then one night i fell asleep watching youtube via the tv app ....when woke up at 11.50pm ...the tv was not on the youtube app ...it was on the screen where it says hdmi / xbox not connected ...and screen was going on and off with coloured lines across screen is certain areas ....and also the home bar or whatever its called was on the screen ...so shut tv down and put back on again and youtube would not work.
So reset tv and apps and all was fine.
A week later while playing my xbox , after tv had been on for say 5 hours ...i had same sort of issue where screen went off for say 2-3 seconds , then back on , then off again with coloured lines ...and might do this a few times ...sound still coming out of sound bar no problem.
Tv was ok after that , so few days later it happened again , late at night ...so thought maybe xbox , so tried different hdmi lead , moved xbox , moved one connect box just incase was getting hot ....but happened again a week later .
It was only seeming to happen on my xbox ....besides the first time.
So had xbox apart , changed thermal past , changed settings in xbox as other recommended on net...but happened again few days later.
Well been fine for 4 days ...so thought issue has gone , xbox running fine , no screen turning off issue.....until last night.
Got to say 11.30 ...watching youtube ...and the issue happened again...so not xbox .
Sounding like issue with tv panel or one connect box .
I have checked for any updates and non out at mo.
Looked into another connect box , but at £200 for second hand one ...i thought i should not be spending that if under warranty with company i bought it off on ebay .
I have had a look in the factory settings mode for any errors , but no idea what to look for... is there anything i can do to help pinpoint the issue?
I heard the fibre optic cable can be an issue and have made sure its not bent etc ...all looks good.

I looked in the menu to check hardware , test page or something like that and all basically check out sept CPU, says failure.
Ram etc works fine ......dont know if suppose to fail on cpu test or not lol

Just trying to get to the bottom of this as starting to become a pain.

 

Any help most appreciated

Karl


Have you reported this as a fault to you retailer,  which should be your first point of called so the issues is logged. They will often ask your to contact Samsung support. Does sound like a fault. 

Paul

First Poster

Hi
Yes I have reported it to the seller today , but they supply their own warranty , not Samsung warranty… prob why was cheaper than norm… £799 .
They said was brand new , just that been sent back by customer as wanted the 55 inch version .
One connect box still had plastic film on it .
Karl

 

 

 

 

First Poster

am i right saying that if i got another one connect box  , long as its a Q7 model , then should be able to get it to work ...even if was for a different sized tv , or even a flat version ?

Seen a new one for £200 roughly

Karl

Black Belt 

@karlos103 wrote:

am i right saying that if i got another one connect box  , long as its a Q7 model , then should be able to get it to work ...even if was for a different sized tv , or even a flat version ?

Seen a new one for £200 roughly

Karl


It's still under warrantee so it should be the retailer to sort and repair. If you have the receipt then Samsung support will also help. 

First Poster

yes i know should be retailer who has to sort issue , just looking for other options if they wont ....as not under samsung warranty ...plus when go into system , there is no serial number ...just all 00000's

 

Black Belt 

@karlos103 wrote:

yes i know should be retailer who has to sort issue , just looking for other options if they wont ....as not under samsung warranty ...plus when go into system , there is no serial number ...just all 00000's

 


I think Samsung support all their TV's after the first month as long as you have a receipt.  Funny how not showing serial number but it should be written on the back.  

First Poster

hi , no not on back , been removed

Black Belt 

@karlos103 wrote:

hi , no not on back , been removed


Sounds a bit dodgy.  

First Poster

i know , prob refurb.

 

Will a UE65LS003AUXXU one connect box work on mine ?

I have been told it will once do factory reset ?

 

Any help most appreciated

Karl

Top Liked Authors