Did you mean: 

Ring Pro Doorbell displaying on my Samsung QLED

(Topic created on: 21-05-2019 10:50 PM)
JonHeath1980
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I own the Ring Pro Doorbell and a Samsung QE55Q7FAM

I was reading this article below with interest with the intention of displaying the doorbell video when some rings the bell:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-use-the-ring-doorbell-pro-with-my-smart-t...

So I have installed the "SmartThings" app on my iPhone and have added both the TV and the Ring Pro successfully.

However I'm stuck on the "Enabling 'Motion Detection' and 'Doorbell activation' to view on your Samsung smart TV" section of the article. In-particular Step 3 of that section - "To see these on your TV, you will need to open the SmartThings app on your TV, then enableRingand/orMotion". The problem is I don't have a SmartThings app on my TV, neither is it there to install when I search the app store. Is this because my TV isn't new enough??!! (I bought it in the summer of 2018).

Cheers

Jon

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Hilton111
Student
Options

Yeah same here don't have that app. Our TVs are the old 2018 model. They changed the OS/Firmware on the new 2018 models. It a shame we cant just flash the TV with the newer software. 

0 Likes
Sami12
Apprentice
Options

Hi

did anyone get this working??

0 Likes
dmoran15
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a new QE43Q60T and a Ring Pro. Before I setup the Ring in the Smart Things app Alexa showed the front door bell camera. I added the Ring to the Smartthings app on my TV and enabled Ring activity, only for Rings not for motion. The small window is appearing in the TV but it wont show the video. The app is also showing motion activity in the Smart Things calendar in my app. Has anyone any idea who to get the TV to show the video when the doorbell is rang ? thanks Dave.

0 Likes
grtessman
Student
Options

I have the same problem.  Any attempt to view my Ring doorbell video on my android Smarthings app or on the Samsung Smart TV now causes Echo Show to not connect to the doorbell (for awhile).  Then eventually it can connect but it takes awhile after any attempt to view through Smartthings.  Then, Samsung Smart TV (2020 - QN85Q90T model for me) no longer shows the Ring Doorbell video in motion notifications, or anywhere for that matter.  Same as Samsung Smarthings app on the phone or on App on this Smart TV.  No video feed is able to be seen through Smarthings anymore since the 1403 Firmware Update on Samsung TV or Samsung Smarthings App.  I bought these because they played nice together...  then it breaks.  GO FIGURE!  No way to fix this, I have literally tried everything from adding and removing, rebooting, restoring Ring configuration.  Just no longer works with Smarthings!   It worked on the previous firmware for me and I was able to view the feed on Samsung Smart TV.  THANKS SAMSUNG!!!!!!!  ETA FOR A FIX?? 

0 Likes
PatelH
First Poster
Options

Hi I just fixed this issue by doing the following.

rRemove any Alexa setting from SmartThings app on phone.
Delete the tv in the phone app. Re add the tv ensure it you can adjust volume.

Now check live view on SmartThings it started working I have ring pro bell.

I had a issue with no live video it would trigger with motion and ring door bell button pressed.

0 Likes