Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Removing Region Selection Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created on: 18-02-2019 07:57 AM)
LMH
Apprentice
Options

Every time I turn on my TV, 'region selection' pops up. I already completed it during set up, but it persists on each start up of the TV, which is very annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thank you

57 REPLIES 57
Shun65
Student
Options

Thanks, this worked on my 8 series.

0 Likes
StackAdder
First Poster
Options

@LA66 wrote:

I haven't got the BROADCASTING available it says.. Anyone know why that would be? I have a new Samsung curve 55" tv? 

I had this on my Q6; I needed to change the input to the  TV before it gave me the options to change the broadcast settings, and then the fix here worked.  

0 Likes
Shun65
Student
Options

I had this issue but holding down the off button until the tv switches off completely rather than going into standby seemed to reset the broadcasting settings making that option available when I switched back on.

Barrowdad
Journeyman
Options

You have to get TV to be viewing Terrestial TV first then the Option becomes available.

sheiliam
First Poster
Options
Worked for me, thank you.
0 Likes
Gerard39
First Poster
Options

thanks

just followed your instructions. will let you know how I get on

0 Likes
Barrowdad
Journeyman
Options

It's just a point for everyone who has taken the action to disable the 'Auto Re-tune During Standby' function.  The TV will now not check for new stations or other station changes while it is in S/By mode.  I'm not sure if it will do this at any other time but just to be sure I periodically go into the menu and force a manual update so that all the station updates are loaded.  Just for fun you might want to take a note of how many channels you had before and after you force an update.  I keep meaning to do this but have not done so yet.

DirectorsScarf
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Can anyone confirm if the TV will retune whilst it's on, or if a fix is in the pipeline.

I too have disabled auto tuning when in standby.

Many thanks

Chris 

0 Likes
Midas5
Apprentice
Options

Try changing the source to TV first then click settings on the remote,the broadcasting section  will NOT be GREYED out

auto tuning settings

Deactivate Standby Auto Tuning 

0 Likes
DirectorsScarf
Apprentice
Options

Thankyou for the reply Midas.

The fix you suggest certainly works- but unfortunately I think it's at the expense of the set will never look for channels or changes.  Even when it's turned on.

I called Samsung this morning who said it won't do an automatic search with this fix applied.

Silly oversight if you ask me- and they don't seem concerned by it at all.

Chris 

0 Likes