Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Removing Region Selection Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created on: 04-02-2019 05:32 PM)
LMH
Apprentice
Options

Every time I turn on my TV, 'region selection' pops up. I already completed it during set up, but it persists on each start up of the TV, which is very annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thank you

57 REPLIES 57
Stiffler
First Poster
Options

Worked a treat.  They should include this instruction in the user manual.  I’m told by a friend in the trade it happens with a lot of the newer models.  Get a grip samsung!

0 Likes
LATENIGHT777
First Poster
Options

MANY THANKS.THIS SEEMS TO HAVE CLEARED THIS VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM.

0 Likes
Bruisah
Student
Options

@ChapelJeff wrote:

So am I (Series 7).  Would also like to disable the timed switchoff.

Try:

Menu➡️General➡️Eco Solution➡️Auto Power Off

Turns off TV if there's no interaction for 4hrs...

Or possibly:
Menu➡️General➡️System Manager➡️Time

(various power off timers).

Let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
Stiffler
First Poster
Options

Thanks but this is solved now by disabling ‘Auto Tune’ setting in the ‘Broadcasting’ Function.

0 Likes
Bruisah
Student
Options
Yeah - got that.

My reply was to someone wanting to understand how to stop his telly turning off automatically.

I supposedly replied to his comment, but it looks like my reply had been tagged onto the end of the original post! 😒

GUI fail...
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Bruisah  I agree: the Community GUI isn't the best. I've sorted your post out for you. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Tommo1
First Poster
Options

Hi. I've just tried your solution and it works, so thank you. It was getting really annoying. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Drg
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
Dave36
First Poster
Options

I had exactlyu the same problem and unable to resolve problem from either the emanual or user manual. Well done for posting this answer

Cheers             Dave36

0 Likes
Leeann6
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for this.  I was going crazy with it because I haven't changed any settings.  I done what you said and it fixed it.  Thanks you so much, I don't need to go crazy every time I turn my TV on now lol x

0 Likes