Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove TV+

(Topic created on: 17-06-2018 11:23 AM)
Chathura
Journeyman
Options

This TV+ is truly annoying. This ***** was not there when I bought the TV but they have installed this via updates later. We must be able to sue Samsung for installation of unwanted malware making their own customers frustrated and utilsiuti the internet connection bandwidth without our consent. This is a privacy violation. Also, for the amount of unwanted stress that it created for no reason, this can be sued under the UK law.

This is the last time. I would never buy a single thing from Samsung!

8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Chathura,  You cannot delete Tv Plus but should be able to edit channel list  to stop trailers playing.  More info on this app Thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/How-do-i-delete-or-block-bloatware-apps-on-smart-...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JCC_1
First Poster
Options

To remove from MU7000 4K UHD TV  go to the app tile (not where it says TV Plus in the source, but the icon in the menu with your other apps). Select channels, select all the channels, and delete all channels in the list. It is tricky, but you can select all channels at once by going to the top of the channel list. Once you have deleted all the channels, you select the tile again hold down the enter button on your remote. You will then be able to delete the app. Good riddance.

ekaterinav
Apprentice
Options

The solution is here:

I found a way to completely disable the TV plus on the TV all together. Has been going for a few weeks now and not came back. I'm in the UK running a ue55nu7100

Turn the TV off first.. On the remote press info then settings then mute then power, when the TV loads back up you should have a blue over lay menu at the left hand side. 

Go to option, then "MRT Option" then in the list you will see "TV plus support" turn it off and reboot . Enjoy

Please don't mess about with any other settings in here I have no clue what they do. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Angry-Bob
First Poster
Options

Seems like someone already posted a solution. What I did is reset to factory default, then removed internet access. I only play video games so if you use other apps for watching, this may not be a solution. However, if you have a Roku or Apple TV or other similar things, watch through that.

I agree with you, this is my last Samsung purchase. If I wanted ads, I'd let Google bombard me.

ekaterinav
Apprentice
Options

Oh yes, I'm definitely never buying another Samsung anything

coishqueno
First Poster
Options

Go to APPS  then select TV PLUS and delete

0 Likes
GC700
First Poster
Options

TV Plus has taken over my TV. I cannot get back to Spectrum cable or Netflex or Amazon Prime and can only view TV Plus stations. Suddenly, neither my cable remote from Spectrum or the original Samsung remote work. Only the little switch on the back of the TV will change channels - all TV Plus stations only. I will not buy Samsung in the future. But, this TV is only 5 years old. Can anyone navigate me through to correct this problem. I've read above postings but it's locked on the TV Plus app and will not move.

0 Likes
semky
First Poster
Options

just change the input or source to AV.

0 Likes