Support

Open search

Region settings

SOLVED
Apprentice

Anybody any ideas as to why my new samsung 55in always asks me for region settings every time its turned on ? i have to input the same details each time which is quite annoying,

many thanks in advance ,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Hi Michael,

To be honest, in the end, I did nothing and one day it stopped asking for the region.  I assumed that the firmware must have been updated as I didn’t make any changes.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Cheers

John

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @madwire.

What's the full model code of your TV please? Have you tried resetting the TV, where it will give you the option to set the region for the TV?

Apprentice

Model number is UE55NU7100 I have not tried a reset as yet, many thanks 

Apprentice

Hi

Did you manage to resolve the issue of your TV asking, each time it’s switched on, for the region settings? I have the same model TV and have the same problem.

Thanks

Apprentice

No I’ve tried a reset and still doing the same ? 

Apprentice

Thanks for your reply.  

I’ve also tried a reset but still have the same problem. Given there’s two of us with the exact issue I would imagine there must be others.  Sounds like a software/firmware flaw that needs Samsung to fix with an update.

Apprentice

Yes I know it’s so annoying I’ve got the latest firmware etc installed also, let’s hope someone from Samsung  has a solution 

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @madwire and @Stoddy.

When setting up the TV after the reset, were you asked to choose your region before it would let you progress?

Highlighted
Apprentice

I honestly can’t rember mate, I’ll have another go later, I can’t risk missing the walking dead the wife will kill me if I start messing about now 

ChrisM Moderator

Absolutely not @madwire!

Top Liked Authors