Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Region settings

(Topic created on: 15-10-2018 06:47 PM)
madwire
Apprentice
Options

Anybody any ideas as to why my new samsung 55in always asks me for region settings every time its turned on ? i have to input the same details each time which is quite annoying,

many thanks in advance ,

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @madwire.

What's the full model code of your TV please? Have you tried resetting the TV, where it will give you the option to set the region for the TV?

0 Likes
madwire
Apprentice
Options

Model number is UE55NU7100 I have not tried a reset as yet, many thanks 

0 Likes
Stoddy
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Did you manage to resolve the issue of your TV asking, each time it’s switched on, for the region settings? I have the same model TV and have the same problem.

Thanks

0 Likes
madwire
Apprentice
Options

No I’ve tried a reset and still doing the same ? 

0 Likes
Stoddy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply.  

I’ve also tried a reset but still have the same problem. Given there’s two of us with the exact issue I would imagine there must be others.  Sounds like a software/firmware flaw that needs Samsung to fix with an update.

0 Likes
madwire
Apprentice
Options

Yes I know it’s so annoying I’ve got the latest firmware etc installed also, let’s hope someone from Samsung  has a solution 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @madwire and @Stoddy.

When setting up the TV after the reset, were you asked to choose your region before it would let you progress?

0 Likes
madwire
Apprentice
Options

I honestly can’t rember mate, I’ll have another go later, I can’t risk missing the walking dead the wife will kill me if I start messing about now 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Absolutely not @madwire!