Support

Open search

Recording fails when using an app!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

I have an UE50TU8500U. The record tv function works when I'm watching tv or when the tv is in standby, but fails when I'm using an app like Netflix or prime! What's that all about? Anyone else?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi @chrislee73 

As the apps you've mentioned are paid subscription services, it's not possible to record these to your TV due to DRM (digital rights management).

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi @ChrisM

Thanks for the reply, but you misunderstood. I mean my terrestrial tv recordings fail when I'm streaming/using an app. I'm not trying to record what is being played on the app.

Highlighted

Apologies, @chrislee73. Could you give us a little more information on this please? Do you have scheduled recordings set that don't record if you're viewing an app?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi @ChrisM,

Correct. If I'm watching terrestrial tv or the tv is in standby everything records fine. Also, if a recording starts when I'm watching tv, then I switch to watching an app everything is fine, but if I'm watching an app when a recording starts it fails...every time. I get the notification, but the recording fails. Lastly, if I exit the app I'm using and return to tv halfway through when a recording should have started the channel switches and the  recording starts from that point

Top Liked Authors