Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording fails when using an app!

(Topic created on: 23-05-2020 03:53 PM)
chrislee73
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have an UE50TU8500U. The record tv function works when I'm watching tv or when the tv is in standby, but fails when I'm using an app like Netflix or prime! What's that all about? Anyone else?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @chrislee73 

As the apps you've mentioned are paid subscription services, it's not possible to record these to your TV due to DRM (digital rights management).

0 Likes
chrislee73
Apprentice
Options

Hi @ChrisM

Thanks for the reply, but you misunderstood. I mean my terrestrial tv recordings fail when I'm streaming/using an app. I'm not trying to record what is being played on the app.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Apologies, @chrislee73. Could you give us a little more information on this please? Do you have scheduled recordings set that don't record if you're viewing an app?

0 Likes
chrislee73
Apprentice
Options

Hi @ChrisM,

Correct. If I'm watching terrestrial tv or the tv is in standby everything records fine. Also, if a recording starts when I'm watching tv, then I switch to watching an app everything is fine, but if I'm watching an app when a recording starts it fails...every time. I get the notification, but the recording fails. Lastly, if I exit the app I'm using and return to tv halfway through when a recording should have started the channel switches and the  recording starts from that point

0 Likes
Ben1708
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same problem. Recording won’t start if I’m using an app but then does start if I switch to tv! I haven’t found a solution yet (other than recording the programme on a different tv!)

0 Likes
chrislee73
Apprentice
Options

Samsung support told me it’s not possible to use apps and record at the same time!

0 Likes
John81uj
Student
Options

I have the QE65Q90T, what was one of the top of the range 2020 TVs and ours does the same. Watching Netflix and any freesat TV fails to record. And some times the TV sheduled recordings just clear. There TV recording on these TVs is very subpar. Only works if on standby or watching trestrial TV. Do anything else it fails. 

0 Likes
Kazza61
Journeyman
Options

Took me a while to figure out that my recording fails (on 65" Q95T) were all occuring when I was using apps. Technical support (I use the term incredibly loosely) told me to unplug everything and do a hard reset and leave the TV 2 hours! Then I had to set it all back up again and the problem remained. Really regret buying this TV. Am always massively disappointed whenever I try to access technical support from Samsung - they haven't a clue! I mentioned that other people on the forums have this problem too and guy told me "no they don't - they are just liars who hate Samsung!". Complete waste of time. No more Samsung for me in future. 

0 Likes
chrislee73
Apprentice
Options

I got rid of my Samsung TV shortly after this post. The 4K picture was also so dark it was unwatchable! ‘Downgraded’ to a Phillips. Brilliant.

0 Likes