Recording and timeshifting not enabled

(Topic created on: 23-04-2017 06:01 PM)
romanils
Apprentice
Options

Hi everybody,

I'm Luca and I'm new to the community.

I own 2 Samsung TVs - 55ks7000 and 40k5600

Very same firmware version, in the first one, recording and timeshifting just work fine, but with the 40k5600 it seems that they are not available.

It's weird, as the specs on Samsung Website and the e-manual say the tv is enabled to both functions...

Can anybody help me?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @romanils,

Have you connected and formatted a USB HDD to your 40k5600? 

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I tried the factory reset, turned eco off and auto tuneing yesterday and then set some recordings. Checked to see if it worked and it had. 

Pity Samsung did not tell me to try those solutions.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

This an issue with a few models which I think Samsung is hiding. I bought 65KS9500ue back in January. Working alright at first and with having Sky did not use recording much. Got rid of Sky in August and the found the TV would not record, it would record a program you were watching and time shift but not from the planner. Samsung had me taking screen shots and all sorts and said the would esculate to next level and then heard nothing. It was on these forum I saw that a factory reset and turn off auto tuning had worked for some, so I tried that, and it worked, joy. Week later stopped working. Again contacted Samsung who informed me that they would send an engineer around to look at it.
Samsung sent Martin Daws to come round but cancelled on the morning saying they did not have the part in, very annoying as I had taken the day off work. They then booked again 3 days later and changed the one box, did not work, another wasted day. Following week came again and changed the main PCB board. Brill all was working, so thanked Samsung and started to enjoy. Two weeks later which was Tuesday just gone noticed it had not recorded Monday nights things. Tested it with programs on Tuesday day and again not working!!!! ( 3 days off work so far) Contacted Samsung and again said they would contact me when thay have further information. Contacted Martin Daws and they said they would have to contact Samsung!!! It's a joke that Samsung can not sort this out.
I also Checked my firmware and it is 1201 but noticed 1208.2 on Samsung support. Downloaded it and updated firmware and tried again and guess what, did not work!!!!! What a joke!!!

WARNING I have found to my very exspensive cost that because I bought the TV from DA Tech (I did contact them and they have basically said its Samsungs problem and have now ignored my emails) through Amazon ( who said because it was over 120 days they can not help). I have lost my credit consumer section 75 protection, because Amazon is classed as a third party, and because I did not report it till after 120 days after purchasse I can not claim a charge back. I have made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, but with no luck. My only alternative I may have if I do not get this TV fixed is the smaill claim courts under the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs. Not what I want to do really! Not a Happy Customer!!!!

You do not need a external power USB 3 as the TV has only USB 2 ports and are powered ports as all USB are. I connected a USB Seagate USB powered and the TV asked if I wanted it to configure the drive, which really formats it to NTFS. On my TV 65KS9500 it worked at first but not now (see my other post) but will still do time shift and record programs I am watching, but not any thing from the planner.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

65KS9500 Problem since August 2017 still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!

I also updated firmware to 1208.2, still will not record from the planner when on of in standby. Now had a new one box, new main board, tried 2 USB drives all over 1 ter and a powered drive, all so turning off auto tuning, factory reset and still it  will not record. The drives have been formatted by the TV and have loads of space. Will time shift and record what I am watching so they do work. I think it must be some thing with the power supply and I now thing it's time for a repacement TV, pleaseeeeeee.

Oh got told off for posting to much. Thing is, if the TV worked or was fixed I would not be here, so come on Samsung sort this out and make some of your customers happy again with their Samsung TV's!!!! and no I will keep posting because you have had plenty of time to sort this out.

0 Likes
Spike41
First Poster
Options

My recording&timeshift is not enabled on my tv model ua55ku6000. How do i enable them.

Spike41.

0 Likes
Jakeyboy
Pioneer
Options
I'm having same problems , everytime recording stops working I keep formatting HDD , I shouldn't ha e to keep formatting it to get recording to work .
0 Likes
gte242
First Poster
Options

If time shift stops working. Plug USB drive/stick into computer and a navigate to the "content" folder. Delete any files called timeshift. Plug back into TV and away you go. This way you keep all your recordings :smiling-face: The time file gets corrupt for some sort of reason - have no idea why.

0 Likes