Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RU7400 series, can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 10:56 AM)
Slash23
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have a UE55RU7400U and I cannot connect it to my 5Ghz WiFi, I read that everyone have this issue, is there any kind of fix or what?

asking for info on amazon, manufacturer answer: we suggest to connect to 2.4Ghz cause the internal module is certified for that frequency

18 REPLIES 18
Banjoman
Explorer
Options

Mine doesn't see it either. Having returned the storage-less Nu7400 for this one, it's a bit annoying. Be nice to think there will be a software fix. I'm not holding my breath though.

Customer service just say "yes it supports 5ghz". Great! 

barbw
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung NU7100 and have tried to connect it to the 5g network but no luck.  It keeps dropping the signal when I am watching a tv show or movie on the Samsung network but I never have that problem when watch Google Fiber or my Fire TV Stick.  I know Google Fiber does not have the strongest WiFi signal but everything else we have works on WiFi without dropping the signal.  I prefer to watch Netflix and other apps on the Samsung network because the picture and sound is awesome and better than fiber or the Fire Stick but it is so frustrating to have it keep dropping and having to reset or even just turn the tv off and on sometimes works.  I have found the best times to watch are late at night or during the week during the day which is not always ideal but there there are fewer people using the 2.4g network.

0 Likes
Samb42
First Poster
Options

Hi, go into your router WiFi settings and check what channel the 5ghz is on.  I had the same problem with the ms650 soundbar.  Try selecting a lower channel and then try to connect. 

0 Likes
AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

I bought my UE55RU7402 on last week. Everything works fine, but I can not connect to the 5GHz WiFi too.... The TV doesn't see this WiFi only the 2.4 GHz works. Do you have any update on this topic?

Secondwawe
First Poster
Options
Hello,

I bought a 55RU7400 Samsung TV , My router (modem) has two connection, 5ghz and 2.4ghz , I can not connect to the 5 GHZ , but 2.4 ghz works. 2.4 GHZ channel is too slow, I can not use netflix. Please fix this problem
Maiklb
First Poster
Options
Please samsung fix this problem quickly
AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

Unfortunately the RU7400 doesn't support 5GHz WiFi:

Wi-Fi max transmitter power : 100mW at 2.4GHz–2.4835GHz. (Page 19)

0 Likes
acjoe
First Poster
Options

Wow! what is this, 1999?

Jford965
First Poster
Options

I've just bought one of these tvs only to realise that my old Samsung smart tv connects to 5ghz but my new modern one doesn't 🤣🤣🤣 so Samsung went backwards on the hardware yet my old one runs through a dongle and my new one has a built in card dont figure!!!