Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED TV's and recording to HDD

(Topic created on: 03-07-2018 12:18 PM)
Ron2104
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

QE49Q7FAMT tv - Can anyone tell me if they have successfully recorded a freeview program to a USB attached HDD while watching Netflix or YouTube? Recording works ok if watching another freeview channel.

Or is it even possible?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ron2104 wrote:

Hi,

QE49Q7FAMT tv - Can anyone tell me if they have successfully recorded a freeview program to a USB attached HDD while watching Netflix or YouTube? Recording works ok if watching another

f

Or is it even possible?

Thanks

Yes,  as long as the scheduled recording works,  which on the ks and q series is a known fault. 

Paul 

0 Likes
Ron2104
Apprentice
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ron2104 wrote:

Hi,

QE49Q7FAMT tv - Can anyone tell me if they have successfully recorded a freeview program to a USB attached HDD while watching Netflix or YouTube? Recording works ok if watching another

f

Or is it even possible?

Thanks

Yes,  as long as the scheduled recording works,  which on the ks and q series is a known fault. 

Paul 

Thanks Paul,

My scheduled recording works ok unless I am watching Netflix or YouTube. In that case the recording does not even start till I terminate Netflix etc. Love the TV apart from this issue.

Ron

0 Likes
Splatts
Journeyman
Options

This is the same on my MU7000 too, if i use any app it will not record to the HDD I use for scheduled recordings.

Edit: p.s. had a ks that didn't record while using app as well

0 Likes
Ron2104
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for info but this is getting more disappointing - looks like it may never work..... unless someone out there can tell me differently.

Get around is to pause Netflix when scheduled recording due to start, look at a freeview channel for a couple of minutes till recording starts then resume watching Netflix. Recording continues normally.

Not a pretty workaround but the best I can come up with.

Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Just a sign of Samsungs poor software and lack of testing.  The hardware is obviously capable of doing it, but the software is buggy.

The chances of Samsung fixing it is next to 0, and they wonder why their sales of TVs are dropping.

Regards

Phil

Tsucchi
First Poster
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ron2104 wrote:

Hi,

f

Or is it even possible?

Thanks

Paul

will my recording work if I hit record before going to netflix/ YouTube?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tsucchi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ron2104 wrote:

Hi,

f

Or is it even possible?

Thanks

Paul

will my recording work if I hit record before going to netflix/ YouTube?

Yes should do try it. 

0 Likes