Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE75Q70RAT and 2015 NVIDIA Shield

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 09:26 PM)
ElectronicPunk
First Poster
Options

When I connect my NVIIDA Shield (2015 model) to the QE75Q70RAT (2019 75 ”Q70R 4K UHD Smart QLED TV) it is auitomatically detected as a "COM HEM" device, which appears to be some Swedish Android TV box. (here: https://www.comhem.se/tv/tv-hub ), has done since I got it months ago and still does it with the latest 1335 firmware.

Does anyone else have an NVIDIA Shield and is it correctly identified for you?

I have tried different HDMI cables and my Xbox One X is detected correctly and shows some lovely tile art.

I have to manually change the NVIDIA Shield not only to rename it, but also to remove the remote controls it adds, or the Samsung remote cannot be used to control the Shield.

Not tried a reset or reformat of the Shield, as apparently I need to be rooted to install a factory image, which seemed excessive, so wanted to gather details first.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ElectronicPunk
First Poster
Options

Ok, anyone with a 2019 QLED and a 2015 Shield?

0 Likes
ElectronicPunk
First Poster
Options
Anyone? 😞
0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

Have sheild conntected to my 2018 q6fn and it does not recognise it as a shield, but remote works fine

0 Likes
ElectronicPunk
First Poster
Options
It doesn't attempt to detect it as something else?
The main issue is that it detects it something that has an IR remote so that has to be removed before it works.
0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options
no just comes up as unknown
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

mine is the same on q7fn looks like ill have to rename the port tried new cables also

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes