Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q85R HDMI ports not working on one connect box

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 07:28 AM)
dangillow
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung TV QE65Q85R only a couple of weeks old has developed a fault where none of the HDMI ports are being recognised on the One Connect Box e.g. Xbox, Apple TV, Sky HD etc all display ‘Unknown’

TV was working fine for first couple of weeks and then last night screen flickered and then displays ‘Unknown’ for each HDMI device connected.

Samsung have remotely connected to the TV and reset the HDMI ports which hasn’t helped. TV has also been reset. HDMI cables have been switched. I’m using Amazon Basics cables which have always worked well. TV has been unplugged overnight all of which hasn’t helped

TV is on software version : 1335

I’ve recorded a video of what the TV now does following the reset - https://youtu.be/Ys36c0qPYko

Anyone got any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
CarloL
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
dangillow
Apprentice
Options

Yes

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It may be best if an engineer inspected your TV, @dangillow (as a Remote Management session was unsuccessful in resolving the issue). This link will direct you to the closest Service Centre in your area. 

0 Likes
Pedpin
Navigator
Options

I have the same issue with a Q85 55. Have you got a solution?

0 Likes
dangillow
Apprentice
Options

I returned it

Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

I wish I could return mine.....

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Me too, i have the same no connection to HDMI ports.

0 Likes
dangillow
Apprentice
Options

Really bizzare issue. Convinced it's software/firmware related. The replacement set I got I've never connected to WiFi so here's hoping it doesn't return.

If it helps I now have the Q90R on Software : 1335

0 Likes