Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q7FN loses Sky Q box after being in standby

(Topic created on: 17-05-2018 08:34 AM)
dtriggs
Apprentice
Options

I have just bought a new Qled QE65q7fn - and it is not working with Sky Q properly. When the system has been in standby for a number of hours the sky is no longer recognised by the TV’s hdmi 1. It keeps saying power it on when it already is.  A reboot of sky then sorts it. I cannot unplug the Sky Q every time I want to use it !! My Sky Q box was fine with the previous Panasonic though. Not sure what to do now. I have got hdmi ON on both devices. I have eco off on both- and all combinations. Quite a few people on the Sky forums are having this issue.

Any solutions at all ?

44 REPLIES 44
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@dtriggs wrote:

I have just bought a new Qled QE65q7fn - and it is not working with Sky Q properly. When the system has been in standby for a number of hours the sky is no longer recognised by the TV’s hdmi 1. It keeps saying power it on when it already is.  A reboot of sky then sorts it. I cannot unplug the Sky Q every time I want to use it !! My Sky Q box was fine with the previous Panasonic though. Not sure what to do now. I have got hdmi ON on both devices. I have eco off on both- and all combinations. Quite a few people on the Sky forums are having this issue.

Any solutions at all ?

Hi @dtriggs,    Ocassionally I have  power on message  when Tv has been on Standby, however when I press Home -Select on the Sky Remote the HDMI source is recognised and it works fine.   Realise this may not be the situation for others and have the MU rather than the Q series.

Notice a few have resolved the issue on the Sky Forums, if still problems I would suggest folk ensure TV has latest firmware update, reboot both the Q Box and the TV  and reconnect/change the HDMI cable if necessary  (the pink Sky ones should be ok though).   You could try another port, though many find the ARC connections work the best.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
dtriggs
Apprentice
Options

All options have been tried. Firmware, different ports, eco settings, leads etc - nothing so far has solved it and I will have to go back to Panasonic.

Its a shame as the TV is fantastic.

blacksson
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Such issues may happen when you output 4K higher frame rate video format via Sky Q Box. Make sure you use a good cable (preferably HDMI premium certified).  If it does not solve this issue, it means you have a annoying interoperabilitiy problem in the environment.

My opinion is this problem can be solved either by Samsung or  SKY by adjusting HDMI equalizer settings or improving TMDS waveform providing a better signal eyeheight. Unfortunately higher speed connection always brings more interoperability problems in HDMI technology...

Markithink
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Samsung TV. Until recently there was a similar problem between LG TV's and Sky Q-Boxes. In that case LG were blaming Sky and Sky were blaming LG. It turned out to be an LG update that was needed but they can't always be bothered to sort it out straight the way until enough people complain. LG are now OK and Samsung - Sky-Q have a similar problem so I assume it's Samsung who need to sort it out. But UK is only a small part of their market so will probs take them several months to shift their rear end and get something done about it. Until then you will have no option but to keep unplugging your Sky-Q box and plugging it in again.

0 Likes
dtriggs
Apprentice
Options

Or just buy a Panasonic like I did...!!

i couldn’t face it so sent the Samsung Qled back. 

0 Likes
Manefaces
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Tried everything but no luck. Newer Samsung TV in the bedroom no problems. 

ozyboi
First Poster
Options

I have this issue as well, tried numerous things to fix it but no luck yet

0 Likes
Naggy29
First Poster
Options

Purchased Samsung qe55q9fn and hwn850 had bad lip sync issues when using sky q so run the hdmi from sky through sound bar then arc to TV solved lip sync but then TV kept losing sky and saying no source connected then got black screen rebooted everything worked for a bit then black screen again 8 times in 6 hours.

Reboxed and sent it back but crampton and Moore wont accept this as a fault so charged me £150.

Internet is full of threads with people having same problems with Samsung TV and soundbars conflicting with sky q

0 Likes
Steve851
Journeyman
Options

I am having the exact same issue with my brand new QE65Q67RATCXU. Everything appears to set up fine and I can use the Samsung Smart remote and control the sky HD box. Atleast once a week the TV seems to forget all the settings for the sky and I have to program it all again. It's incredibly frustrating but no one seems to be able to give me a fix. Samsung support is useless, didn't have this issue with my older Samsung TV, seems to be a trend with their newer TVs having gremlins that their older ones do not. Please fix this problem Samsung otherwise next time I think a love to Sony or Panasonic may be on the cards 

0 Likes