Support

Open search

QE65Q7FN loses Sky Q box after being in standby

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Truejoker  Well it is up to you , know you may have had some frustrations  but think best to try Standby anyway.

Highlighted
First Poster

Sorry, just to be clear, I have stopped the Sky Q going into eco mode, not the TV.  So I will switch the TV on/off, but stopped the Sky box from going into standby mode.  That seem to work yesterday....

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Truejoker  I knew  you were talking about the SkyQ Box. The Point is you can take Box out of Eco mode but put into  Standby manually  which has helped some folk with issues. The Eco Mode though is slightly different in that wifi and the Hard Disc are shut down (other than when uploading log files).

Highlighted
First Poster

I can confirm placing the Sky Q box in Eco mode did not make a difference.   Does anyone know where the issue is - Samsung or Sky ?  I will make a big deal of it on twitter and warn people away from buying the samsung TV.   I personally think this is unacceptable.

anyone tried any other solutions or expect either company to release an update or a sustainable solution ?

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Truejoker  Hear different things, however there have been  a few interactions with Sky and Samsung.  According to a user on the Sky forums Sky's software was the issue for affected customers (though doubt this has been officially confirmed)

see this thread for more details https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Sky-Q-and-QE55Q90R 

Top Liked Authors