Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q7FN loses Sky Q box after being in standby

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 08:56 PM)
dtriggs
Apprentice
Options

I have just bought a new Qled QE65q7fn - and it is not working with Sky Q properly. When the system has been in standby for a number of hours the sky is no longer recognised by the TV’s hdmi 1. It keeps saying power it on when it already is.  A reboot of sky then sorts it. I cannot unplug the Sky Q every time I want to use it !! My Sky Q box was fine with the previous Panasonic though. Not sure what to do now. I have got hdmi ON on both devices. I have eco off on both- and all combinations. Quite a few people on the Sky forums are having this issue.

Any solutions at all ?

44 REPLIES 44
Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys same problem this end ,

when tv is on the sky q is fine , but when the tv is in standby and turned back on over a period of time it cant see Sky Q as the box is locked up,

so something must be going on while the tv is in standby, i have changed HDMI cables , tried all 4 ports , am currently in 4 Arc, i am now on my 2nd box with an sky man booked for the 10th jan , sky know they have issues with their boxes so more than likley they will swap the box out ,

its a shame that the sky q box doesn't contain an event log which might point to something  ,

over the next couple of days i am going to dig out my old Panasonic if the sky box stays stable am going to have to put it down to the TV.

BTW model number is QE43Q60RATXXU

Regards

0 Likes
Naggy29
First Poster
Options

Hello

Would like to say I changed tv to lg oled and still suffer the same problems with sky q .

My resolve which works most of the time is switch tv on to the hdmi that sky q is on wait until it's all booted up then switch sky q on and it works.

This is definitely a sky prob as I have had 3 sky q boxes and they all do the same .

0 Likes
Steve851
Journeyman
Options

Identical issue with my new QLED Samsung, only difference being I have a SKY HD box and not SKY Q. Atleast twice a week I have to go into the setting and re-sync the remote to the sky box. SAMSUNG sort this out!! My much older Samsung worked seamlessly with the sky box, this new all singing and dancing model is plagued with gremlins

0 Likes
Truejoker
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution ?  Brought a Q70 82in Samsung, each time the TV is shut down for a long period of time, when I switch it back on - it does not see the sky q box. I have to unplug and power up the box for the TV to see it.

Any thoughts / things to check ?

0 Likes
Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

@Truejoker wrote:

Has anyone found a solution ?  Brought a Q70 82in Samsung, each time the TV is shut down for a long period of time, when I switch it back on - it does not see the sky q box. I have to unplug and power up the box for the TV to see it.

Any thoughts / things to check ?

Hi Truejoker

You have to put your skyq box in standby each time you turn the TV off, I was having the exact same problem , but now since putting box in standby when not watching TV all is good now , let us know how you get on 

0 Likes
Truejoker
First Poster
Options

great I will give that a go tonight - I have switched off the ECO mode - I assume that has the same effect ?

0 Likes
Truejoker
First Poster
Options
great I will give that a go tonight - I have switched off the ECO mode - I assume that has the same effect ?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Truejoker wrote:

@Truejoker  Have you set the Power Mode to either Active or None?  If Active Box automatically goes into StandBy after period of Inactivity.   if you set it to None you need still need to put Q Box into Standby by pressing the button on the remote, you will see the Box has an Amber Light.

Whilst ECO is recommended  for Power Saving (low power mode between 2.30 and 5.45 am ) I  am aware that some folk have problems with it.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Truejoker
First Poster
Options

I was more thinking not to put it into standby at all.  Bad for the environment and my engergy bill, but clearly a flaw between Samsung and Sky that needs focus to resolve!   

0 Likes
Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

@Truejoker wrote:

I was more thinking not to put it into standby at all.  Bad for the environment and my engergy bill, but clearly a flaw between Samsung and Sky that needs focus to resolve! 

I don't get you truejoker , that is as good as I will leave TV on 24/7 ,  just put ya box in standby