Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 29-01-2020 01:59 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
vincentfr
Journeyman
Options

To those who also experience the problem: can you confirm the problem does NOT occur when displaying the Image Test (Settings --> Assistance --> Auto Diagnostic --> Image Test) ?

Samsung's support keeps on asking for pictures of this screen while the problem does not appear in here...

Tom931
Journeyman
Options

@vincentfr wrote:

To those who also experience the problem: can you confirm the problem does NOT occur when displaying the Image Test (Settings --> Assistance --> Auto Diagnostic --> Image Test) ?

Samsung's support keeps on asking for pictures of this screen while the problem does not appear in here...

Hey,

No it doesn't show on the image test,  it's way to bright and there are only bright colors as well, so none of the conditions required for the problem to show up !

They asked me this as well, which i find completly dumb as this kind of test image essentially conceals all the problems you could encounter anyway and doesn't reflect a regular viewing experience at all.

The lines show mostly on darker tints / non-vivid colors.

Just tell them that the test image doesn't recreate the conditions required for the problem to show up.

I wish you the best of luck !

vincentfr
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Tom931, totally agree. They refuse to proceed further if I do not send the pics, therefore I sent them despite their total uselessness.
Will keep this page updated - but to so far my experience with Samsung France customer service is simply terrible.

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Use the imagens of the following link

https://youtu.be/HyB_qWcsIyE

The first seconds reflect the issues with the image and was acowtd by some other Samsung technical centres.

Jordanjj1991
Journeyman
Options

Afternoon all

Finally had some success with my faulty TV.

After binning off the idea of Samsung shop taking 14 days to replace mine and opting for a company to come to repair it under warranty. They were unable to source the parts to do this so it was passed back to Samsung to come up with a solution. They have rang me today to offer me a q90r as a replacement which obviously I have accepted! It seems as if the q90r has totally different hardware so it shouldn't have this fault with the horrible lines (I hope). 

As bad as the whole thing has been the solutions team in the UK have been absolutely fantastic in the end. If anyone in the UK still hasn't been sorted just call 0333 000 0333 and ask to be put through to the solutions team. Once I spoke to them I felt like somebody actually cared!

Good luck to everyone else in getting a decent resolution 

vincentfr
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Pedpin, will keep this in my favs for future interractions...

Tom931
Journeyman
Options

@Jordanjj1991 wrote:

Afternoon all

After binning off the idea of Samsung shop taking 14 days to replace mine and opting for a company to come to repair it under warranty. They were unable to source the parts to do this so it was passed back to Samsung to come up with a solution. They have rang me today to offer me a q90r as a replacement which obviously I have accepted! It seems as if the q90r has totally different hardware so it shouldn't have this fault with the horrible lines (I hope). 

As bad as the whole thing has been the solutions team in the UK have been absolutely fantastic in the end. If anyone in the UK still hasn't been sorted just call 0333 000 0333 and ask to be put through to the solutions team. Once I spoke to them I felt like somebody actually cared!

Holy, this is the dream, congratulations ! I wish i'll get that treatment too, thanks for keeping us posted, enjoy your q90r !

Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone! Here how I proceeded in France. Maybe it could help those along you who are stuck with th technical support.

-they wanted pictures of the tests, but it's difficult to see the problem. If you set image mode in game mode, then you will see the problem in the diagnostic on pictures 2 and 3. You must do as if you saw the problem on image 1 to get access to image 2.

- I sent a email to Samsung tech support with all thi pictures, a notice text in which I explained that it 's hard to see the lines through a photo, and other pictures of my choice in which you see clearly the issue. 

A few days later I received a mail in which they said that I would be contacted by a technician and that is what effectively happened. 

vincentfr
Journeyman
Options
Very useful Nicolas, thanks.
Too bad there is no private message in here, it would have been great to share our experience there...
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Jordanjj1991 wrote:

Afternoon all

As bad as the whole thing has been the solutions team in the UK have been absolutely fantastic in the end. If anyone in the UK still hasn't been sorted just call 0333 000 0333 and ask to be put through to the solutions team. Once I spoke to them I felt like somebody actually cared!

That's an amazing outcome! Is your TV still under the 28 days return? As my TV is still within a month of purchase when I started this process, as soon as Samsung confirmed the TV is faulty, they sent me straight back to Currys and told me to take it up the exchange with them. Currys have been absolutely woeful in dealing with my case and I've had so many back and forths, waiting for phone calls that never came, etc. I managed to get my TV swapped for a Q85 but still waiting to hear from them for confirmation of an exchange date. It's been over a week now. It's so long, I just can't wait for this to be sorted.