Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 02:32 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Update from my site.

Samsung came and took my TV, good think it's that I do not have more diagonal lines but also no TV..eheheh.

They will check it in their lab and will give me feedback in a couple of days.

Possibilities 3

- can be fixed

- swap 

- return the money

Lets wait...

I will keep you updated 

vincentfr
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I also bought a Q80R and have those diagonal lines. The S/N is an xxxxHEMBxxxx, meaning Hungary November 2019.

My TV was bought at Darty (online store) in France.

I will contact Samsung and see what they are proposing, though I can see that people from France seems to experience more trouble for panel swap than others...

vincentfr
Journeyman
Options

I just hung up with the technical service from Samsung, I am a bit shocked that the woman was trying to convince me that there was no problem with my TV because she could not see the lines on my phone webcam...

She also asked me to stay in front of the TV while my problem starts at a little viewing angle. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Dear Moderators

Some weeks ago you promissed some feedback. 

When can we expect that?

0 Likes
Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Hi every one.

A new panel was available for me so I didn't have to exchange the tv at the store. The tech guy came with the new panel today. It has been made in may 2019 in hungary. I a m glad to say that it works perfectly.

Hope the issue will be fiwed for all of you guys.

Thanks again every one for sharing its experience.

AntS
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

Dear Moderators

Some weeks ago you promissed some feedback. 

When can we expect that?

Hi @Pedpin ,

We know that the matter has been raised to Samsung HQ, but apart from that no further news on it as of yet.

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Thank You for your feedback.

Anyway we see the problems geting bigger in a lot of coutries, and no commum aproach from Samsung, and no solution yeat.

In my case Samsung allredy replaced the panel, and now the TV is in the lab to do I do not know what...

Try to push the Samsung HQ.

Thank you,

Ajbakes
Student
Options

Hi to all, greetings from the UK.

I've been monitoring this thread for some time now, since early January when I noticed these diagonal lines on my QE55Q80R purchased in late December with the dreaded serial number including HEMC meaning Hungary/December. 

After calling Samsung Technical, and speaking to a lady who was, in my eyes, following a script, they agreed for an exchange with my retailer (Currys) and today the replacement turned up (they were out of stock of this model until yesterday and I was granted the exchange 10 days ago). Samsung Technical didn't even ask for pictures or to use my phone camera etc. Currys stated this was the first they had heard of this issue. Call me paranoid or whatever, but I smell bovine excrement! 

Guess what...replacement arrived this morning and HEMC on the serial number AAAANNNNDD we have the lines, and worse than before!! 

I don't know if it's a bad batch but evidence would point towards a bad batch issue if panel replacements given have solved the issue, and models built before November/December 2018 don't seem to display the same problems. 

It's such a shame because sitting straight-on, it's a cracking TV for the money. 

Another call to Samsung Technical to follow shortly. I'd love an upgrade to the Q90 or even a Q85 without the lines but it's the UK, that won't happen! 

I'll give Samsung one more chance to solve otherwise I'll be getting the LG C9

Ajbakes
Student
Options
Sorry, modes built before November/December 2019
0 Likes
Miromel
First Poster
Options

Hello, I also bought this type of TV in Germany. I live in the Netherlands myself. Our TV also had the problem with the diagonal stripes. I contacted Samsung in the Netherlands. They sent a technician who replaced the screen and the motherboard. After this the problem was solved with us. Excellent service from the Dutch Samsung to repair a German TV.