Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 09:30 AM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
ph_7
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to hear that, I hope you all get resolutions soon. 

My q85 swap out happened today. I was a little nervous as it was a Hungary December serial, but it is absolutely perfect.  No diagonal lines at all.  

I'd imagine samsung are going to have a load of returns but more worrying is that they will all filter down into the refurbished market.  Anyone buying these customer returns and being a reseller will almost certainly turn on the tv, see zero problems as they stand in front of it and sell it on as perfect. 

Hopefully they can correct these sets with a firmware update in the future. My pc feed was absolutely perfect and we know game mode works so the issue is something on the processing side. Some odd frequency of the green pixel mixed with the wide angle filter maybe.  I wonder if any other wide angle screens have done it. I'm sure sony were running the same tech on some of theirs.

Bartc
Student
Options

Hello to all and thank you for the posts. 

It has been comforting to know that I am not alone in the diagonal lines problem and also disapointing from a manufacturer that should have recognised the issue far sooner. 

I have a December Q80r and the issue is evident from most viewing angles other than directly in front of it. 

I have arranged a replacement through Richer Sounds who had a 'no quibble' attitude to the issue despite having not had any complaints they were aware of. 

I am concerned that this will be a case of the same issue with the new set (which I like other than the lines) and if so I am afraid it will be back to LG.  

A shame, as this is my first Samsung TV and a break away from brand loyalty to try something different.

I agree that many of these sets will no doubt find their way onto the referb market as front viewing does not show the issue. 

I dont agree that it is a sofware problem (in my case) as I have tried several sources, all with the same issue. Engaging game mode has no effect in improving the problem for any external source.  

Will update once I have tried the new TV. 

Does any one know if the serial number is available anywhere on the box to check prior to pick up?

Thanks

ph_7
Journeyman
Options

There is a white label on the side of the box,  this contains the model number and the serial number on it.  In fact the serial number is on it 3 times and runs under each of the 3 barcodes.

Sounds like yours is the worst of the bunch so far, and coupled with it being a December model is likely to be worrying for everyone still awaiting replacement/repair.

Hope it all gets sorted soon.

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Hello Everyone,

After replacing the panel last week and the problem still exists, yesterday Samsung contcta me asking for autorization to pick the TV for tests at their Lab.

I acpeted, and they promised me a TV while my TV was out, but I said was not necessary.

They said that probably they will not return the TV considering that has allrdey a replacemnte panel, and that They will go for a refund or a delivery of a new TV.

My problem is that if I get one from the same batch...

Neverending story.....

I will keep all informed.

Thank you,

QBee
Explorer
Options

Hello to all my fellow-sufferers, here is an update from Germany.
I had to wait 2 weeks for a new panel. Today two technicians came and replaced the panel including the frame.
The panel is from December and from Hungary but the picture is perfect now. Without any stripes.

"Everything is OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end."
I wish everyone a happy ending.

cyberyoshi
Apprentice
Options

Hello from Germany. I have a Model from December Hungary. And i have the Problem with the diagonal lines. Technical support is coming up next friday. I hope that my problem will be solved then. Best wishes to all

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Sorry to ask, but are you sure that the model its from December?
This will bring another dimension to the problem...
0 Likes
cyberyoshi
Apprentice
Options

Modelcode xxxxxHEMCxxxxxx. I think it's a December 2019 Panel.

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
correct.

This is not good, we thought that the problem was restrict to November, with this info, we need to be careful with replacement TVs from December.
0 Likes
Bartc
Student
Options

Hi, my update. 

Swapped the TV today. 

Hungarian model but this one is from October. 

Checked the model before leaving the shop.

Thought October was worth a risk! 

So far so good. Tested a few sources and no diagonal lines!!!

My original was a December model.

Big thumbs up to Richer Sounds in the UK. Return and swap was smooth and hastle free. 

Hope you all manage a suitable resolution also. 

Will update if anything changes. Haven't tried sitting in front of it yet, getting the diagonals then would be ironic😟