Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 17-01-2020 05:32 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Tom931
Journeyman
Options

@Pedpin wrote:
Ups...
November and Hungary, does not sound good for this problem...

In the present topic we reach the conclusion that the problem was from production from November in Hungary.

If possible ask for a TV replacement for a same model but with a different production month

Yeah, figured that out reading the topic...

Thanks for the advice, will probably come in handy in due time !

ph_7
Journeyman
Options

Just to add, mine was also Hungary and November. 

Going to be gutted if another turns up from the same batch

Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone !

Some news from France.

So the technician guy came on this morning. According to the pictures I had sent, He was convinced that it was a motherboard thing. So he came with a new one and replaced the "old" one...Unfortunately, the problem was still there.

So he admitted that it was the panel but it seems that they don't have any replacement panel to provide. 

SO, I will finaly have to exchange the whole TV  at the store where I bought it (La Fnac). 

I just hope that the exchange process will be easy and that the  model they will give me is not from Ukraine and made in novembrer...

Will let you know...

jdp117
Navigator
Options

I've also had an update. Received a phone call from Samsung's exchange / tech department and they granted me my exchange. I thought I'd tell the woman about this thread and what we'd all discovered about the specific models and assembly date and she seemed pretty accommodating towards it. 

Just waiting for confirmation on a delivery date for the replacement TV now. As Currys in the UK are out of stock, hopefully when I eventually get mine it isn't from the same batch as we've all had... 

Been somewhat of an arduous process but I hope it is resolved now by the end of next week with a replacement. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

hello everyone 

The Tech guys from Samsung just left after exchanging the panel for a new one, and ..... yes the stripes are still there.

The problem was not fixed.

The tech guys were surprised and will report the problem to Samsung. 

The replacement panel was also from Hungary and November,  so I was  not lucky.....

I need to wait again. 

I am so frustrated...

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

I bet you are . I would be too . 

I think I would tell them to take it back and change brand altogether . 

it really isn't good enough is it ?

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@jdp117 wrote:

I've also had an update. Received a phone call from Samsung's exchange / tech department and they granted me my exchange. I thought I'd tell the woman about this thread and what we'd all discovered about the specific models and assembly date and she seemed pretty accommodating towards it. 

Just waiting for confirmation on a delivery date for the replacement TV now. As Currys in the UK are out of stock, hopefully when I eventually get mine it isn't from the same batch as we've all had... 

Been somewhat of an arduous process but I hope it is resolved now by the end of next week with a replacement. 

They gave me the Q 85 as the Q80 was out of stock with no date set for restocking . 
fortubately the Q85 has been reduced in the sale to the same price as I paid for the Q80 . 

I am pretty sure if they can't give you what you bought they have to give you the nearest equivilant !

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options
Mine was still In The 28 day returns or refund period with the retailer .
I will be honest the retailer saw the pics an we’re shocked
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:
Mine was still In The 28 day returns or refund period with the retailer .
I will be honest the retailer saw the pics an we’re shocked

Yeah I can imagine, I guess they would have older models of the Q80 on the shop floor that may not suffer from the issue and thus have not noticed it before? It seems like everyone who is affected are those who have bought their TVs in the past month or two. 

I've changed addresses in between all this fiasco though, so Currys have to send my new details off to some data protection department before they can go ahead with the exchange. But that lines up with the restocking time frame so I guess it works out. Just gotta wait a while. This whole thing is such a bore now, and that LG C9 is looking more appealing than ever! 

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

hello everyone 

The Tech guys from Samsung just left after exchanging the panel for a new one, and ..... yes the stripes are still there.

The problem was not fixed.

The tech guys were surprised and will report the problem to Samsung. 

The replacement panel was also from Hungary and November,  so I was  not lucky.....

I need to wait again. 

I am so frustrated...

Man... That is so frustrating, I'm sorry. Samsung better be prepared to offer you something to make up for this whole thing because that really is not acceptable. It's bad enough that they keep us waiting but replacing your panel with the same issue? That is ridiculous. I only hope it gets resolved as soon as possible. Samsung should be ashamed.