Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 16-01-2020 02:35 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Hello

You can use the following link

http://en.tab-tv.com/?p=15394

Also I think that is visible in the label in the back of the TV.

The goal its only to chcek if its a model from November of from December or other.

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
dd-tv
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

the technicians came today to see my Q80. They already came with a new panel, replaced the panel - everything is working fine now - no more diagonal lines.

I also have to share my experience with Samsung service - this time in a positve way:

After calling the Samsung customer service, I explained what the problem is. I was promised a technician will call me within 24 hours - and he did. The technician explained they need to wait for the spare part to arrive and will call me again to agree on time of repair. They called today (3 working days after the first call), brought the new panel with, changed the panel in 20 minutes. Everything works fine now, no more diagnal lines. I am happy with the service (Slovakia).

Good luck to all of you left.

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:

Good morning my diagonal friends . 

So yesterday I received my replacement tv. The retailer was out of stock to replace the Q80 and did not have any idea as to when they would be in stock . 
fortunately they had reduced price of the Q85 to the same as what I paid for the Q80 so I revived the Q85 yesterday . 
At the moment I have not had any diagonal line whatsoever . 
I have tried Netflix, Prime, gaming and sky tv and at the moment I am so pleased that the god ***** awful lines have disappeared . 
I notice a few of you have had repairs which is fantastic news . 

I only wish that Samasung had taken more notice of us all sooner, and to be honest and frank I feel the moderator stepped in way too late offering reassurance . I feel that it seems the only reason why he did commmet on the feed was when a user declared that they had sent the Samsung back to get an LG. I feel Samsung is very a poor customer service and are very quick to point the finger back to the retailers, when really it is not really there fault. 

I wish you all good luck in getting your issue resolved as soon as possible. 
thank you all for your input and encouragement , without you guys I would of felt quite alone in my plight to get this resolved . 

good luck 

Just out of interest, did they offer to come and replace the panel at your home? It seems like people around Europe are getting this option and those of us in the UK are having to get the whole TV replaced by the retailer. I'm yet to hear back from Samsung so not sure what they will offer me...

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Samsung just booked next friday afternoon to visit my house with a new panel.

They will go for a replacement panel, hope that will fixe the topic.

To me they not give other option.

I will give you feedback by friday night.

Jordanjj1991
Journeyman
Options

Quick update for everyone.

After thinking for a week I was going to be getting a replacement delivered and my faulty TV would be taken away at the same time. I found out that actually this wasn't the case and they wanted to just take away my old tv then make me wait upto two weeks for my replacement.

This obviously isn't good enough at all so I too have been forced into having it repaired instead which is absolutely ridiculous when the product is brand new

There's obviously a pattern emerging here, Samsung's customer service is so bad it shouldn't even be allowed to operate.

I have spoken to a resolutions team in the UK who have said it is out of their hands so I will have to go ahead with the repair if that suits me best. But they will be giving me a good will gesture to apologise for all this hassle. I'm quite concerned that this good will gesture might be money off another Samsung product because after this experience I don't intend to deal with Samsung ever again.

All I want is my brand new tv to work properly is that really too much to ask!?

ph_7
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I'm also one of you.  I have a 55" q85r purchased last Friday which is showing the diagonal lines from off centre.

Mine too is also showing that it is the green pixel from the images.  The behaviour is as follows:

Virgin Media STB - has the problem on all feeds and all settings for display output

Amazon firestick - Same as above

Built in apps - Youtube, Iplayer etc all have the same isssue

The only thing that i have different to other people is that the feed from my PC is fine, HDR/4k all working as should be.  My PC is Windows 10 running an Xeon E3-1270v3 & Nvidia GTX 970 in case it makes any difference.

As others have mentioned, enabling game mode solves it for the Virgin STB but has the major problem of being painfully bright in evening conditions, unwatchable

I have spoken with my supplier in the UK,Richer Sounds, and they have been great.  I have a replacement being delivered in 3-5 working days and I'll update with any news

0greyleft.jpg0greyright.jpg1red.jpg1blue.jpg1green.jpg

Tom931
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I just bought a qe55q80 and am happy to find a thread about this issue !

I just contacted the Samsung support with all the infos and hope i can get the probelm fixed too

If you're looking for a reliable source to check the issue i recommend to use this video (treadstone trailer) : https://youtu.be/apCDZncVHiA

I feel the diagonal bars are highly visible on dark green tints (00:31-00:32) (see attached picture)

Good luck to all of you, and i hope we'll all get this problem fixed as it ruins the experience viewing at any angle ! 

20200116_111228.jpg

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Can you please check the manufacture month and factory, and share it with us?
Tom931
Journeyman
Options

@Pedpin wrote:
Can you please check the manufacture month and factory, and share it with us?

Woops, forgot to mention !

November - Hungary

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Ups...
November and Hungary, does not sound good for this problem...

In the present topic we reach the conclusion that the problem was from production from November in Hungary.

If possible ask for a TV replacement for a same model but with a different production month