Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 09:59 AM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Hi ! thanks all for your feedbacks.

I am in France too. After I emailed the tech support center with photos and videos to prove the issue as they asked me to, I have just received an anwser today.

They said that I should be called by a technician under seven days for a meeting at my home.

I hope that eventually, the problem will be fixed as well as it has been for you guys. I'm glad that this issue is not spread out on all the panels for this model because I like it very much apart from this problem.

Will let you know.

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

Good morning my diagonal friends . 

So yesterday I received my replacement tv. The retailer was out of stock to replace the Q80 and did not have any idea as to when they would be in stock . 
fortunately they had reduced price of the Q85 to the same as what I paid for the Q80 so I revived the Q85 yesterday . 
At the moment I have not had any diagonal line whatsoever . 
I have tried Netflix, Prime, gaming and sky tv and at the moment I am so pleased that the god ***** awful lines have disappeared . 
I notice a few of you have had repairs which is fantastic news . 

I only wish that Samasung had taken more notice of us all sooner, and to be honest and frank I feel the moderator stepped in way too late offering reassurance . I feel that it seems the only reason why he did commmet on the feed was when a user declared that they had sent the Samsung back to get an LG. I feel Samsung is very a poor customer service and are very quick to point the finger back to the retailers, when really it is not really there fault. 

I wish you all good luck in getting your issue resolved as soon as possible. 
thank you all for your input and encouragement , without you guys I would of felt quite alone in my plight to get this resolved . 

good luck 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Again excellent news. I am happy that you got a 85 without lines, mine it's a 85 and I was wondering if my problem was going to be fixed.

Thank you for your inputs and support in the last weeks.

All the best 

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:

Good morning my diagonal friends . 

So yesterday I received my replacement tv. The retailer was out of stock to replace the Q80 and did not have any idea as to when they would be in stock . 
fortunately they had reduced price of the Q85 to the same as what I paid for the Q80 so I revived the Q85 yesterday . 
At the moment I have not had any diagonal line whatsoever . 
I have tried Netflix, Prime, gaming and sky tv and at the moment I am so pleased that the god ***** awful lines have disappeared . 
I notice a few of you have had repairs which is fantastic news . 

I only wish that Samasung had taken more notice of us all sooner, and to be honest and frank I feel the moderator stepped in way too late offering reassurance . I feel that it seems the only reason why he did commmet on the feed was when a user declared that they had sent the Samsung back to get an LG. I feel Samsung is very a poor customer service and are very quick to point the finger back to the retailers, when really it is not really there fault. 

I wish you all good luck in getting your issue resolved as soon as possible. 
thank you all for your input and encouragement , without you guys I would of felt quite alone in my plight to get this resolved . 

good luck 

Excellent news again, and a nice little upgrade it seems! I'm still waiting to hear back from Samsung's technical department on the verdict of my case. Been over a week now so getting quite anxious to get this all sorted. Going to have to call them I think and chase it up. 

Yes I agree, before finding this message board I felt like I was the only person who had this problem and it would never be resolved. Thank you all for staying active and keeping each other updated on your experiences. I hope to find a resolution to my case soon and hope the rest of you find a solution too. 

jdp117
Navigator
Options

Well just called Samsung and it turns out I had to send my proof of purchase to their exchange team which no one ever told me to do. So I've been sitting here for the past week waiting for a phone call that ultimately would never have come. My experience with Samsung's customer support has been apalling. They've been uncooperative and reluctant to help a customer with a genuine complaint. Which is a complete contrast to the first incident I had with them when they were very cooperative and helpful. I guess it comes down to who you get on the other end of the line. 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@jdp117 wrote:

Well just called Samsung and it turns out I had to send my proof of purchase to their exchange team which no one ever told me to do. So I've been sitting here for the past week waiting for a phone call that ultimately would never have come. My experience with Samsung's customer support has been apalling. They've been uncooperative and reluctant to help a customer with a genuine complaint. Which is a complete contrast to the first incident I had with them when they were very cooperative and helpful. I guess it comes down to who you get on the other end of the line. 

You could be right , however I feel it's more about saying as little as possible to the customer so as not to commit or admit any issue. 
my personal experience was pretty bad to to be fair . 
they gave me a code to give to the retailer for an exchange , and when the retailer called them for authorisation they were pretty rude to them saying I hadn't been offered an exchange and the number was just a reference number for my call . 
why would they do this ? I then i had to go through the whole process all over again . 

Samsung .. customer service should be consistent not hit and miss not should spending over a £1000 on a product. 

And still no reply from the moderator regarding  our plight despite the reassurance of a resolve . 
mid a resolve replace and repair that will shut the customer up ? 

j am sure if we all switched manufacturers they would soon be chipping in . 

0 Likes
Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Can you share the year and month of production of your new TV?
Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

Where do I fine this please 

gaby77
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:

@Pedpin wrote:

Where do I fine this please 

If you go back through the thread there is a link someone posted which explains how to read your serial number and how each number and letter represents place / date of assembly. I can't remember which page it was on so  you'll have to sift through the thread. I think most people's TVs here were assembled in November - December 2019 in Hungary.