Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 10:44 AM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@DannyT wrote:
Just as a heads up guys. We're currently looking into this with our AV Team. We hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

Thank you for finally acknolwedging this - we have a lot of unhappy customers here. Hoping for a resolution sooner rather than later. 

iFL
Pioneer
Options

Technicians finally arrived. They are disassembling TV right now and they will try to replace panel and motherboard. 
But they said that this is first time they see these lines. I will update you once they will finish it. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Excellent. Please keep us updated.

I was also informed that my process in Samsung was approved and a panel replacement will be schedule for next week, but its extremely important to know the outcome of yours.
My electronics are outside of the TV in the one connect box, and can also be an electronic problems, meaning that a panel replacement was not necessary, only a one connect box exchange.

Please give us feedback.
iFL
Pioneer
Options

So they finished. They replaced both panel and motherboard in 20 minutes. 

And it fixed the issue. 

No more lines. 

I tried several sources, also that youtube video from our conversation and everything is OK now. 

Technicians thinks that it was panel causing these lines but they are not 100% sure. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Excellent......

You open the topic, and was the first to have a conclusion.

Thank you so much for all the feedback.

I hope that next week, they also can fixe my problem.

I will keep all informed.

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@iFL wrote:

And it fixed the issue. 

No more lines. 

I tried several sources, also that youtube video from our conversation and everything is OK now. 

Technicians thinks that it was panel causing these lines but they are not 100% sure. 

That's great news. It'll be interesting to see if Samsung ever come up with an actual cause for the lines at some point. But I'm glad your TV is working as it should be! Thank you for keeping us all updated. 

dd-tv
Apprentice
Options

Great news. Agreed with the technician to come next week so I hope to have the same good news. Let's hope all of us are happy in the end.

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@iFL wrote:

And it fixed the issue. 

No more lines. 

Amazing news .. 

gaby77
Journeyman
Options
Google Translate

Hi everybody
Here is a little feedback from France regarding my QE55Q82R television

My retailer delivered me a new replacement TV this morning and miraculously there are no longer any diagonals.

I started to experience a nightmare by calling my retailer; communicate by email with samsung; send photos to prove the problem; do screen tests; receive a technician at home etc ...

For my part, the defective model had been manufactured in November 2019.

The new model in December 2019. Perhaps a series of defective "TV panels".

Good luck to you in the hope that you will all have a satisfactory end with this problem of diagonals.

Regards

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Excellent news.

Thank you for the feedback.
0 Likes