Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 01:26 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

In Portugal the rules are similar to SVK.

To be honest I like the TV, I like the image, I like the sound, what I don't like it's the strange lines.

If their install a new panel I do not consider a refurbishment TV it's a new TV with a new panel.

Anyway the money back only in future solution and after all the steps given by the manufacture, replace....etc...

My TV was bought first week of December so its brand new only 30 days.

If I could decide probably I wanted the money back and then I was going to buy a new TV probably the Q90 or Q950(8k), my Q85 it's with one connect box and with the no gap mounted device and look great.

I hope that all of us get a solution that its suitable for each one of us, replace, money back, new model etc..

My problem it's that I believe that this is a SW problem and that will be not fixed with the panel change and we will go on and on after a final.solution.

I am really happy with the friend ship between all of us. We do know each other but we support each other.

I hope to have a reply by tomorrow from Samsung.  I will keep you Inform.

Pedro

I have a feeling it is a software problem too. I just hope Samsung find a resolution to it soon. I'd rather they say that they know it is a problem and are working on an update to fix it than be left not knowing and having to possibly replace my TV and then being unsure if a new Q80 will have the same problem or not. 

Thanks for your insight. It's things like this that help us get heard. This is not accpetable and Samsung need to do something about it. 

Jordanjj1991
Journeyman
Options
I got mine from Samsung directly. I got 25% discount through my place of work so only cost me £749 which is a steal really. It was only delivered to me Monday so to me it's literally a couple of days old!
Zoid
Journeyman
Options

I must confess I did just that, exchanged it and new LG arrived today and bye bye lines

DannyT
Options
Just as a heads up guys. We're currently looking into this with our AV Team. We hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

Welcome to the Community!

Zoid
Journeyman
Options

FYI - Acknowledgment from Samsung quicker would have been appreciated, your message appears almost immediately once someone states they've exchanged to a different brand... 

Jordanjj1991
Journeyman
Options
I second that! Only posted on here yesterday but people have had this issue for weeks with no proper solution by the looks of it!
Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Thank you for your feedback.

One of the reason of the presente topic it's to have someone looking at it in a coordinate way.

All of us bought the TV model considering that it's one of the best and with a high quality image.

Unfortunately the screens present this horrible lines in a TV with a special feature like wide viewing angles.

Please try to helps us we already detected the issue in several countries like:
UK
Germany
France
Slovakia
Portugal
Belgium

Thank you
Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@DannyT wrote:
Just as a heads up guys. We're currently looking into this with our AV Team. We hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

Hallelujah !

thanks for you message .

we thought we were on our own . 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@Zoid wrote:

I must confess I did just that, exchanged it and new LG arrived today and bye bye lines

Good for you . 
I opted for a replacement, which arrives Saturday morning. I hoping (all be it in a somewhat forced positive) that this delivery will be ok . 
watch this space as I will be following you down that path . 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
That's good news but I will be with an enormous expectation to know what happened.
Please give us your feedback immediately.
Did Samsung gave you any other solution? They will give a full new TV in the BOX or a panel replacement?