Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 08:39 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Pedpin
Navigator
Options
I think that you are right. I did similar test with the RGB mode and I got to the same conclusions. They are in the tab 10 of the present topic.
Pedpin
Navigator
Options

I just got the first feedback from Samsung to my initial request.

They asked me a prof of purchase, so I sent a copy of the invoice from the shop, and they asked me for pictures from a YouTube source with a link that they can check the source,  meaning that they can replicate.

They did not Accepted my initial pictures took from a  regular TV show

I did the new photos from the youtube link that I shared with you some posts ago.

Now they will check it again and the most visible solution it's to replace the panel, and for my surprised that can be done in my house in 20min.

So now I need to wait for the photos verification and if accepted they will order a panel that will take 2 working days and after that they will replace it in my house.

I need to wait some more days for a solution....

I will keep you all informed.

dd-tv
Apprentice
Options
Any update in Slovakia? I have the same issue with a new TV. Have you contacted Samsung SVK?
iFL
Pioneer
Options

@dd-tv wrote:
Any update in Slovakia? I have the same issue with a new TV. Have you contacted Samsung SVK?

No updates yet. I've contacted samsung support and they ordered technician from external company. Now I am just waiting and calling that external company almost every day and everytime they asure me that they will come soon. I am running out of my patience and if they wont fix the TV this week I will return TV to retailer. 

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

They asked me a prof of purchase, so I sent a copy of the invoice from the shop, and they asked me for pictures from a YouTube source with a link that they can check the source,  meaning that they can replicate.

I did the new photos from the youtube link that I shared with you some posts ago.

Now they will check it again and the most visible solution it's to replace the panel, and for my surprised that can be done in my house in 20min.

So now I need to wait for the photos verification and if accepted they will order a panel that will take 2 working days and after that they will replace it in my house.

Would you want a repaired TV though? I don't know how old your TV is, but if it's new then you will have paid retail price for what is really a refurbished television. That isn't fair. 

iFL
Pioneer
Options

@jdp117 wrote:

@Pedpin wrote:

Would you want a repaired TV though? I don't know how old your TV is, but if it's new then you will have paid retail price for what is really a refurbished television. That isn't fair. 

Not sure how it is in other countries but in SVK we cannot return TV and get money back just like that. We have 2 years warranty, within which we can demand fix at retailer and it would have 30 days to solve it. After 30 days we can demand money back if they didn't fix it. And retailer would do same as me. It would send TV for repair into Samsung service and would give me back repaired TV and it can happen that I can be without TV up to 30 days. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

In Portugal the rules are similar to SVK.

To be honest I like the TV, I like the image, I like the sound, what I don't like it's the strange lines.

If their install a new panel I do not consider a refurbishment TV it's a new TV with a new panel.

Anyway the money back only in future solution and after all the steps given by the manufacture, replace....etc...

My TV was bought first week of December so its brand new only 30 days.

If I could decide probably I wanted the money back and then I was going to buy a new TV probably the Q90 or Q950(8k), my Q85 it's with one connect box and with the no gap mounted device and look great.

I hope that all of us get a solution that its suitable for each one of us, replace, money back, new model etc..

My problem it's that I believe that this is a SW problem and that will be not fixed with the panel change and we will go on and on after a final.solution.

I am really happy with the friend ship between all of us. We do know each other but we support each other.

I hope to have a reply by tomorrow from Samsung.  I will keep you Inform.

Pedro

Jordanjj1991
Journeyman
Options

Another unfortunate q80r owner in the UK here. Like a few have mentioned I couldn't find anything online at first but looks likes there's quite alot of us in this situation!

Now I've seen all this I think I'll just get my money back and go LG.Terrible...Terrible...

Jordanjj1991
Journeyman
Options

Spoke to Samsung this morning. They are sending me out a replacement when it's back in stock and collecting my old unit so we'll see how that goes.

I do like the TV apart from these awful lines so thought I'd give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I will update when that time comes.

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Jordanjj1991 wrote:

Spoke to Samsung this morning. They are sending me out a replacement when it's back in stock and collecting my old unit so we'll see how that goes.

I do like the TV apart from these awful lines so thought I'd give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I will update when that time comes.

Sorry you've joined the club! I love the TV, the picture is amazing and it's a great set for console gaming too. Like you said in your previous post though, I'm also tempted to get a refund and go for the LG C9 which is currently only £50 more than I paid for the Q80R in currys. Where did you get your Q80 from and how old is it?