Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 02:40 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
jdp117
Navigator
Options

IMG_20200102_173054.jpgIMG_20200102_173309.jpgIMG_20200102_174754.jpg

It's pretty clear to be honest. Not sure why Samsung customer service told me they couldn't see a problem. Glad I pushed for a technician visit because he DEFINITELY saw a problem. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

I have been loking during the weekend for a source and video that all can use and its absoltly clear the problem.

After testing some youtube videos existing for testing images, I found the follwing video where its clear the lines in the image in the first scenes of the mounten and the sky.

Please test it, because its a video from you tube that you can use for showing and also for taking pictures to send, and its a source that can be use to chcel the status after a possibel intrevention.

https://youtu.be/HyB_qWcsIyE

Please give some feedback.

iFL
Pioneer
Options

Yes, its really horible experience to watch this video from any angle. Stripes are clearly visible.

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
its your current status? are you waiting for any reply from Samsung?
0 Likes
iFL
Pioneer
Options

@Pedpin wrote:
its your current status? are you waiting for any reply from Samsung?

Still waiting for technician. We had a lot public holidays last 2 weeks so I need to wait little longer.

QBee
Explorer
Options

Here is the translated short answer I just received from Samsung Germany:

"Thank you very much for the photos - I will be happy to help you. I could clearly see the error on the pictures. I record the data and hand over the pictures to our service partner. He will contact you shortly for a repair date."

To me, it sounds like the issue is already known, isn't it?

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

I made a comment in RTINGS page, you can chcek it on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TY1c9W0aQ

Please chcek the comnet under the video.

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@QBee wrote:

Here is the translated short answer I just received from Samsung Germany:

"Thank you very much for the photos - I will be happy to help you. I could clearly see the error on the pictures. I record the data and hand over the pictures to our service partner. He will contact you shortly for a repair date."

To me, it sounds like the issue is already known, isn't it?

That's the opposite of the UK customer service. They basically said they couldn't see an issue and refused to acknoledge there was a problem with my TV. So I don't know how well known this problem is, I've had difficulties getting Samsung to understand the issue but it seems like in Germany they could already know about it. 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

In my case I feel that agreeing to an exchange/refund is another acknowledgement of the issue . 
I think once the technicians give their view and feedback the Snowball will eventually get bigger and recognition hopefully will be given to all issues . 

iFL
Pioneer
Options

I have just tried some tests and it seems that stripes are not everytime visible. Seems that they disappear when green pixels are off. 

Stripes visible (sorry for rotated photos, but site uploads it from phone in such way)73A6FA28-2BE3-4685-9E90-720C25A30A61.jpeg

87F6621B-9BC6-410B-93E9-8556213E1423.jpeg

D6ECB9E3-9AE7-4A11-8EE7-29DE83B9BD8C.jpeg

not visible

C87174D0-570B-4F71-ACA5-938EF527677A.jpeg

visible

E82D8E9D-E634-47B6-8B3F-43D0E8AC3492.jpeg

visible

A57D3485-9654-4154-80FC-F0CB6C189183.jpeg

not visible

AD7D2BB0-B374-46A0-B319-AA2AE148275D.jpeg

not visible

E6C90D4F-ACC6-4653-ADAB-E488274FEE73.jpeg