Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 09:00 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Sorry to ask, but the tv on the shop was showing regular TV shows or any demo or in comercial mode?

Anyway what are you going to do?
iFL
Pioneer
Options

@Pedpin wrote:
Sorry to ask, but the tv on the shop was showing regular TV shows or any demo or in comercial mode?

Anyway what are you going to do?

Btw. Stripes are visible even in demo. You can try it. And I was also in the shop week ago and TV there has these stripes too. But i guess that TV in shop is from same series as my. 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

Grease was on . 
we also dicusssd on the event of the replacement being the same and the descision was completely  to sack of Samsung and go with the LG equivilant. 
curry's agreed from the photos I showed that there was definitely an issue. 

I will be honest I kind of think that is probably the option I should of took, but I am weirdly prepared to give the model a second chance . 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
If they find a solution!!! I really hope so, for the good of all of us.
I am waiting for feedback begining next week, Samsung support Accepted my photos they did not visit my house.
In Portugal I called Samsung, but Samsung redirected me after taking note of the issue to a technical support centre that it's not samsung it's an external company that it's the official support and repair centre( mobile phones, TVs etccc)
I think that this will be positive for us considering that this centres want to get some money for the warranty topics and I am a regular customer for repair mobiles so I really hope a good solution... for all of us.
Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Hi! In France I have chatted with the technical support. They asked me to do some tests. 
After I have Said that  diagnostic test show the issue (on Picture n 2 and 3 of the test When game mode is on) even if the system had been rebooted  , they gave me an email adress. They want me to send pictures, bill, serial number and my postal adress so that a technician will answer and set a meeting. 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Can you give us more details about the tests that you made and which pictures you are taking about. I only know a test picture that is a beach picture, where you get picture 2 and 3.
Thank you for your feedback
gaby77
Journeyman
Options

Bonjour nicolas974
Tu as raison les lignes sont clairement visibles sur l'image 3 du test image avec le mode jeu activé.

@Pedpin

Mode jeu activé

Menu/paramètres/assistance/diagnostic automatique/lancer le test de l'image

Photo 1 : problème persiste: oui

Photo 2: problème persiste: oui

Photo 3: problème persiste: oui

Cordialement 20200103_231710.jpg

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

When you view picture one which is the beach scene, select fail, 

that way you then move to the second image test, again select fail,

then you will see image 3, 

If you select fail at this point you will  then se the an image recommending you call the Samsung tech support team your serial number and model. 

QBee
Explorer
Options

That's sneaky. The first picture is colorful and bright and always ok.

DSC01211.JPG