Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 07:12 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

Hello all again.

I have been reading some of the other post of diferente topics and issues, and in most of them Samsung Moderators are writen some tips or giving some feedback.

We have this topic open for some time, with a High rate of "likes" and no one came and make a coment!!! its stange don´t you thnk?

One of my friends have also bought a Q85R for his mother, and after I spoke with him yesterday, he called me saying that he have the same problem, but only when loking from the side and mainly in blue collors, bu he said that is very soft.

His and mine are also from Hungary and November.

I think that the probelm afect all model 80,82,85, I think that most of the people watch TV from the frnt and they do not get enought time by the side to chcek the problem.

I wonder if the other TV´s like the 70 and 90 have the same problme, because people will need to watch by the side and the ton of color need to be the correct one to see the lines/stripes.

Anyone have a 70 or 90 model than can check.

Mine was assembled in December, 2019 in Hungary also. 

I know that only the Q80 and models above have the optical layer that improves viewing angles. The Q60 and Q70 do not have this technology so it would be interesting to see if this is what is causing the issue, or whether the Q60 and Q70 models are suffering from the same thing regardless of the wide angle technology in the more expensive models. 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@Pedpin wrote:

Hello all again.

I have been reading some of the other post of diferente topics and issues, and in most of them Samsung Moderators are writen some tips or giving some feedback.

We have this topic open for some time, with a High rate of "likes" and no one came and make a coment!!! its stange don´t you thnk?

One of my friends have also bought a Q85R for his mother, and after I spoke with him yesterday, he called me saying that he have the same problem, but only when loking from the side and mainly in blue collors, bu he said that is very soft.

I think that the probelm afect all model 80,82,85, I think that most of the people watch TV from the frnt and they do not get enought time by the side to chcek the problem.

I wonder if the other TV´s like the 70 and 90 have the same problme, because people will need to watch by the side and the ton of color need to be the correct one to see the lines/stripes.

I agree ... 

modertors seem to be always chipping in on other feeds . 
I think they may be IN Denial, or just being completely ignorant . 

however with my case they have acknowledged the issues and agreed to a replacement of money back, given me a Samsung technical support code so Currys have to exch or refund. 

as far as watching from a side view.. imagine a family of 4 or 6 . Someone will always have to watch from the side , and given the Benefit of the screen is an improved viewing angle . 
how on earth can diagonal stripes when sat more than 90 degrees off angle from The screen.

I really think Samsung really need to deal with this .

QBee
Explorer
Options

Shame on you Samsung. Should this be your latest Ultra Viewing Angle QLED TV?

This is advertisement.

2020-01-03 15_08_24-Buy Samsung QLED 4K TV Q80R 55 inch _ Samsung UK.png

That is reality. Just seen on Netflix: The Witcher

DSC01195e2.JPG

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:

@Pedpin wrote:

Hello all again.

I agree ... 

however with my case they have acknowledged the issues and agreed to a replacement of money back, given me a Samsung technical support code so Currys have to exch or refund. 

as far as watching from a side view.. imagine a family of 4 or 6 . Someone will always have to watch from the side , and given the Benefit of the screen is an improved viewing angle . 
how on earth can diagonal stripes when sat more than 90 degrees off angle from The screen.

How well did Samsung deal with your complaint? Because the person I spoke to said there wasn't a problem with my television, even after showing them the diagonal lines. I had to demand an engineer call out. 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@jdp117 wrote:

@Wakcode wrote:

@Pedpin wrote:

Hello all again.

I agree ... 

How well did Samsung deal with your complaint? Because the person I spoke to said there wasn't a problem with my television, even after showing them the diagonal lines. I had to demand an engineer call out. 

Pretty un helpful,  They pretty much said the same to me  . They said because it passed the picture test everything was fine despite the image they took and fine . 
they wanted to send a technician to repair it , I challenged this by saying how can they repair something that you say isn't a fault . 
at that  point Tgey put me into a supervisor to speak With , explained to them that it was unacceptable to have a brand new tv repaired within 2 weeks and that I was effectively then buying a reconditioned.

i states that I have 28 day return warranty with the retailer curry's and that I was going to take advantage of this window I have . 

I also advised them that given the selling point of an improved viewing angle the product was not fit for purpose as their claim of an improved viewing angle was not the case and the viewing at anything more than square on 90 degrees was poor and therefore did not not constitute good viewing . 

I feel the longer the moderators and Samsung completely ignore our feed as well completely deny that there is any issue at all , the less likely it is that I will be exchanging for another screen . 

I have a friend who had just got the latest LG equivilant and this is no different viewing quality than if you were directly in front of the screen . 

I have to say though that part of me wants to get another to see if it is a generic flaw in the product or a batch issue . 
I was so impressed by the screen at the retailers and that is why I opted for this TV .
Having said that was the retailer playing content that was affected by the issue , who knows . 

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:

@jdp117 wrote:

@Wakcode wrote:

@Pedpin wrote:

Hello all again.

I agree ... 

Pretty un helpful,  They pretty much said the same to me  . They said because it passed the picture test everything was fine despite the image they took and fine . 
they wanted to send a technician to repair it , I challenged this by saying how can they repair something that you say isn't a fault . 
at that  point Tgey put me into a supervisor to speak With , explained to them that it was unacceptable to have a brand new tv repaired within 2 weeks and that I was effectively then buying a reconditioned.

i states that I have 28 day return warranty with the retailer curry's and that I was going to take advantage of this window I have . 

I also advised them that given the selling point of an improved viewing angle the product was not fit for purpose as their claim of an improved viewing angle was not the case and the viewing at anything more than square on 90 degrees was poor and therefore did not not constitute good viewing . 

I feel the longer the moderators and Samsung completely ignore our feed as well completely deny that there is any issue at all , the less likely it is that I will be exchanging for another screen . 

I have a friend who had just got the latest LG equivilant and this is no different viewing quality than if you were directly in front of the screen . 

I have to say though that part of me wants to get another to see if it is a generic flaw in the product or a batch issue . 
I was so impressed by the screen at the retailers and that is why I opted for this TV .
Having said that was the retailer playing content that was affected by the issue , who knows . 

It seems weird that before finding this thread a few days ago, I couldn't find anything else on the internet regarding this issue at all aside from the ratings.com written review when they state they observed the diagonal lines from a close up angle. That was published spring last year I believe. And now within the past week, a lot of other people are coming here to share similar experiences. It might be a fault with production of these later models as many people are saying they have units from Hungary that were assembled late in the year. 

As for returning it, are you able to return to Currys within the 28 day window no questions asked? Because I'm sure it says on their website that if you have opened and used a television you cannot return it unless you have confirmation from Samsung that you have a faulty television? If we are able to return directly with Currys without consulting Samsung then that'll be much easier! 

Anyway, I've got a Samsung technician coming tomorrow so I'll update on what they say...

gaby77
Journeyman
Options

Bonjour a tous

Quelle est la procédure pour qu'un technicien de chez "Samsung " se déplace à votre domicile pour réaliser un diagnostic ? Avez vous acheté le produit directement chez Samsung?

J'ai eu plusieurs contact par mail avec Samsung et aucune proposition concernant le passage d'un technicien au domicile...

Cordialement

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@jdp117

so just been into curry's . 

their display TVs do not have these stripes on from what ever angle you look at it. So I am happy that this is not a generic issue on all manuafactured. 

I asked them about the 28days thing . 
You are right what you read on their web site , however if you have a fault and can prove the fault ie photos of the screen , they will exchange it , they willl also contact Samsung for the code , it's called an RA code (it appears the code I was fobbed off with by the technical team is not a returns number at all) , I am pretty annoyed at that to be fair. 

But to be honest I can't fault Curry's whatsoever for the attention and understanding they have shown on the matter, I honestly wish that Samsung has shown the same compassion. 

Fingers crossed 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

I think you would need to ring the technical support for your country .

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options
I think you would need to ring the technical support for your country .
0 Likes