Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 12:45 AM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
gaby77
Journeyman
Options

Bonjour a tous

Meme problème pour moi sur un modèle QE55Q82RAT (similaire au 80R mais vendu par l'enseigne BOULANGER).

Actuellement en litige avec SAMSUNG qui semble ne rien vouloir entendre.

Les diagonales sont visibles également en mode jeu pour ma part et sur toutes les autres sources.

C'est une honte que SAMSUNG ne prenne pas ses responsabilités parce qu'il est fort probable lqu'ils soient au courant du problème.

Cordialement

Screenshot_20200102-215717_Gallery.jpg

iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi @gaby77 what reason they provided that they don't want to accept it as manufactore failure?

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
Mine it's also a q85r.

For my understanding this its happening with Q80R, Q82R and Q85R, all the same model type only with some minor differences in the look, but the panel and SW it's the same.
gaby77
Journeyman
Options
Selon Samsung; " aucun défaut n'a été identifié sur cette série vendue à des milliers d'exemplaires".
Je leur ai transmis des photos de mon téléviseur ainsi que le lien internet de votre forum afin qu'ils se rendent compte que beaucoup de personnes sont impactés par ce problème ( Q80/82 ET 85R).

Si Samsung ne me trouve pas une solution, j'envisage une action en justice. Le problème est que nous sommes impuissants face à une multinationale comme Samsung...

jdp117
Navigator
Options

@gaby77 wrote:
Selon Samsung; " aucun défaut n'a été identifié sur cette série vendue à des milliers d'exemplaires".
Je leur ai transmis des photos de mon téléviseur ainsi que le lien internet de votre forum afin qu'ils se rendent compte que beaucoup de personnes sont impactés par ce problème ( Q80/82 ET 85R).

Si Samsung ne me trouve pas une solution, j'envisage une action en justice. Le problème est que nous sommes impuissants face à une multinationale comme Samsung...

God bless google translate!

We will keep making noise about this. It seems like it might be more widespread than I initially thought. I could not find a single topic or discussion about this issue before coming across this thread a few days ago. When I wrote my first comment it had been seen by hardly anyone! Hopefully someone at Samsung reads this forum once in a while... 

QBee
Explorer
Options

I started a topic in a German-speaking community.

BTW: The Q80R TV is currently sold out in Germany at MediaMarkt according to its own advertising "Europe’s largest retailer for consumer electronics"

QBee
Explorer
Options

The Q80R has been sold since April. Why was that not an issue so far?

Maybe this affects only a bad batch. Please have a look when your device was assembled.
http://en.tab-tv.com/?p=15394 

My TV comes from H = Hungary, M = 2019, B = November  (cheap special edition for Christmas sales?)

But we don't know where and when the panels were made.

QBee
Explorer
Options

double-post

0 Likes
Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Mine, from France, was  assembled in Hungary in November 2019 as well...

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Hello all again.

I have been reading some of the other post of diferente topics and issues, and in most of them Samsung Moderators are writen some tips or giving some feedback.

We have this topic open for some time, with a High rate of "likes" and no one came and make a coment!!! its stange don´t you thnk?

One of my friends have also bought a Q85R for his mother, and after I spoke with him yesterday, he called me saying that he have the same problem, but only when loking from the side and mainly in blue collors, bu he said that is very soft.

His and mine are also from Hungary and November.

I think that the probelm afect all model 80,82,85, I think that most of the people watch TV from the frnt and they do not get enought time by the side to chcek the problem.

I wonder if the other TV´s like the 70 and 90 have the same problme, because people will need to watch by the side and the ton of color need to be the correct one to see the lines/stripes.

Anyone have a 70 or 90 model than can check.