Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 03:30 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Zoid
Journeyman
Options

I bought this TV last week and have the same issue, any angle creates the diagonal lines on the more grey/black colours...

I have thrown away the box so even just trying to get it sent anywhere now is going to be hugley difficult.

It would seem that lots have had this issue no?

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@Zoid wrote:

I bought this TV last week and have the same issue, any angle creates the diagonal lines on the more grey/black colours...

I have thrown away the box so even just trying to get it sent anywhere now is going to be hugley difficult.

It would seem that lots have had this issue no?

Yes there seems it be , however Samsung say they have no other reports of the issue

Zoid
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone recommend the best number to call Samsung on so I can get the ball rolling? I honestly have no clue how on earth I'll get this back to the shop without a box, it was a nightmare in the first instance!

So so so very dissapointed and by the sounds of feedback from customer support so far, seems there's much more to come. Surely at this point it has to be a refund?! So annoying as I really liked the connector box with the invisable wire etc... First TV in a long time, boy I've not missed this type of mess...

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
I really fill the same, so many time to buy a new TV and now we have this problem.
In my case i contact the blue line from the Samsung support, please look at your country web page for it. Where are you from?

Please like the posts of each other so we push the topic up in the discussion area so we give more visibility to the issue.
Zoid
Journeyman
Options

I am in London UK, I'll try and get a call out to them today so that I can get the ball rolling.

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

‭try

0333 000 0333‬ .be patient tho as they will want to go through all the tests. 
eg

Screen tests , cables , turning it in and off again . They will also want to access the camera facility on your mobile so they can get a screen shot of the issue , so make sure you have an image on screen of the issue . 
good luck 

Pedpin
Navigator
Options
we have the problem described in
UK
Germany
France
Portugal

Any more coutries?
Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

@Zoid wrote:

Can anyone recommend the best number to call Samsung on so I can get the ball rolling? I honestly have no clue how on earth I'll get this back to the shop without a box, it was a nightmare in the first instance!

So so so very dissapointed and by the sounds of feedback from customer support so far, seems there's much more to come. Surely at this point it has to be a refund?! So annoying as I really liked the connector box with the invisable wire etc... First TV in a long time, boy I've not missed this type of mess...

‭try

0333 000 0333‬ .be patient tho as they will want to go through all the tests. 
eg

Screen tests , cables , turning it in and off again . They will also want to access the camera facility on your mobile so they can get a screen shot of the issue , so make sure you have an image on screen of the issue . 
good luck 

iFL
Pioneer
Options

@Pedpin 

Slovakia

@Pedpin wrote:
we have the problem described in
UK
Germany
France
Portugal