Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 08:44 AM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Nicolas974
Journeyman
Options

Hi ! I have the exact same issue with a qe55q80r bought in France. 
It's hard to see it sometimes but once you have, you see only that...

Any news from the technical support? 

iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi, no news yet. I called the tech. support and technician will come to look on the TV in January 2020. 

xikon93
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

Can you see those lines from every angle?

Even if I buy the 55 inch model, I would be sitting a little bit close to the screen than the ideal because I have bad vision, you know...

I'm asking because I can be easily annoyed by artifacts or things like those stripes on the attached image. This model is really expensive here in Brazil (in local currency) and I can't pour so much money into something that will bother me.

iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi @xikon93 

the lines are mostly visible when you are looking to TV from left or right side. When you are directly in front of TV, lines are hardly noticable. 

I would recomend you to go to the shop to look at this TV if such problem occures also on series selling in your country because its possible that only some of Q80s have this problem. 

But if you want to be sure, then buy Sony X950G which has similar picture quality than this Samsung. 

xikon93
Apprentice
Options

I'll be checking the Q80R in person then. It's hard to me to pick up a TV other than Samsung in my country. Sony is one of the best but also one of the most expensive brand here. I can't  say the real difference between prices (Samsung Q70R/Q80R to Sony X950G) in your currency, but imagine something like £500/€450/USD$450.

Anyway, thank you for your response. And I sure hope that your problem with your new TV is solved in no time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

jdp117
Navigator
Options

Hi there, I have just purchased a Q80R 55 inch myself and I am also getting the exact same diagonal lines when viewing the screen from an angle. I was just wondering if you had come across any fixes since you originally posted on here? Seriously contemplating sending the TV back and going for something else because these diagonal lines are so annoying. 

iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi @jdp117 no fix yet. Still waiting for Samsung technician. 

QBee
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have the same issue with my 55q80r bought in Germany by MediaMarkt.
You can see the lines at an angle of 30 degrees (measured from upright) and more.
I guess this is the background LED matrix that you can see because of the Ultra Viewing Angle coating.
This property (viewing angle) was the reason for purchase of this model. The stipes are absolute No-Go for me.

Happy New Year!

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

I have the same problem with a QE55Q85R in Portugal I have it for 30 days and I just noted that when I seat by the side the TV one of this nights . I will contact Local support but we should not stay quiet. Please updat with your follow up. I will do the same. Thank you.