Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q7FAMT Scheduled Recording

(Topic created on: 11-12-2017 09:29 PM)
Freck
Apprentice
Options

Having a few issues using scheduled recording on a QE55Q7FAMT , I have read a few threads with this issue with other models so seems to be a common problem. Bought it in August from Currys but only got round to trying the recording option for the first time last week. Firmware updated to 1151, factory reset, several powered drives tried with no success, auto tuning off etc etc. It appears that the usb port lets the hdd go to sleep and doesn't waken it for recording, whether scheduled or live, it works if I restart the hdd manually though. Anyone got a fix to this yet, I have samsung support on the case after 4 frustrating days with no replies to email, call centre staff pretending they can't hear me, calls hanging up, not loggin my call, eventually got a reference number today, awaiting there next move as it appears there is a 24hr wait after trying an "over the phone" fix.

0 Likes
Go to solution
27 REPLIES 27
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Waynimus wrote:

Hmm, strange how when you request a refund they take longer to reply. No emails back today.

I emailed yesterday stating I am within 30 days and rejecting goods as faulty.

I sent a follow-up today after reading about statutory rights / distance selling. After 3 days of owning the brand new Q7FN I emailed Samsung CS to return the TV. They refused in their reply back, offering only repairs, of which I may have to pay for inspection.

Just recently I discovered that within 14 days of owning/taking delivery a customer can return goods for a full refund, and even do so with no reason provided. Well I contacted Samsung after 3 days as mentioned, and was refused.

Now it's some 20+ days later, I have referenced previous emails and stated that I should have had an offer of a refund under UK law. Furthermore at the top of the link below, it even states they must offer a refund. My first Q7FN they accepted as faulty and they did not offer a refund, only an exchange.

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

Under the the 2015 consumer act they must offer a full refund if you wish,  if you report the item faulty. There is mo its and buts it is the law. Remind them that you have the right to reject and ask for a full refund within 28 day's. If you were to take them to court you would win.  They are behaving outrageously. If you bought with a credit card then also section 75  as well.  Who is the retailer? 

Paul 

0 Likes
Waynimus
Pioneer
Options

The original retailer is PRC Direct. I had been getting nowhere with them for months with regards to the KS7500, it did get to crunch time, where I was talking to CAB and sent in the first recommend CAB letter. They did not reply to the letter and I should have persisted.

Ultimately I tried further repairs through Samsung. I thought things were looking up when I got through to Samsung escalations team as after outlining the several repair attempts and the mis-selling of missing features, they agreed to exchange the TV. 

Which was great news. I got the Q7FN. This was really impressive despite a large cluster of dead pixels. I got back in touch with photos and they quickly agreed to exchange it for another one, assuring me this would resolve the matter.

First impressions on the 2nd Q7FN were good as no dead pixels were spotted, but it quickly became apparent there was a bigger fault. All along the bottom of the screen lights up like candles, it seems to be more prominent when the dimming is used as they flash in and out. It's viewable from centred seating, viewable in a lit room and dark room. And most definitely was not an issue on the first Q7FN or previous KS7500. Yet, Samsung insists it is normal, and will charge me for an inspection.

It's from that moment that I quickly realised I can not tolerate Samsung. What good is a new 12-mth warranty, or transferring my remaining 4yr extension with customer support like that? 

I have yet to hear back from my most recent emails of me rejecting goods. If I don't hear back tomorrow with a positive response I will be checking in with CAB.

I guess the fact that all my communication is via. email will be good for proving dates, as deadlines may well pass before they respond again.

0 Likes
Waynimus
Pioneer
Options

@paul1277 Literally getting nowhere - need to vent here.

Refund refused. The law only applies to the retailer, of where it was purchased from originally. Maybe they're right, but regardless I have a new, completely different model TV direct from Samsung.

Scheduled TV recording aside for a moment. I have an email from the TV engineer they previously sent to do repairs on my KS TV, in it he says I should ask for another replacement based on my photos and description. I sent this engineer's email and recommendation into Samsung. They still refuse to acknowledge any faults.

Literally banging my head against the wall. An absolutely appalling company to deal with.

There must be someone I can complain to about Samsung sending out faulty goods as replacement. Absolutely fuming!

Back on the subject of scheduled recordings. Even this was disregarded. They said something along the lines they are not aware of many reports of faults and just offered troueshooting steps. Clearly from these forums it's a well known issue.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Waynimus wrote:

@paul1277 Literally getting nowhere - need to vent here.

Refund refused. The law only applies to the retailer, of where it was purchased from originally. Maybe they're right, but regardless I have a new, completely different model TV direct from Samsung.

Scheduled TV recording aside for a moment. I have an email from the TV engineer they previously sent to do repairs on my KS TV, in it he says I should ask for another replacement based on my photos and description. I sent this engineer's email and recommendation into Samsung. They still refuse to acknowledge any faults.

Literally banging my head against the wall. An absolutely appalling company to deal with.

There must be someone I can complain to about Samsung sending out faulty goods as replacement. Absolutely fuming!

Back on the subject of scheduled recordings. Even this was disregarded. They said something along the lines they are not aware of many reports of faults and just offered troueshooting steps. Clearly from these forums it's a well known issue.

Hi if you look on this page near the bottom is my dealings with the Samsung UK CEO over this issue.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/td-p/579806/page/5

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
0 Likes
Waynimus
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the posts. This looks to soon be resolved via. the retailer who have arranged a collection and refund. Unrelated to the recording dispute.

I'll post it in the KS thread as it's probably more relevant there.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Waynimus wrote:

Thanks for the posts. This looks to soon be resolved via. the retailer who have arranged a collection and refund. Unrelated to the recording dispute.

I'll post it in the KS thread as it's probably more relevant there.

Glad you are sorted and yes and info is always useful.

Still a big issue with the recording as it is an unfixable fault which Samsung is trying to keep quiet about.

Paul

0 Likes
Anin1
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung tv UE32K500 it was recording to SanDisk 32gb USB stick no problems but now it seems record but when look for the recording they are not there so its failing but this only happened in last couple of months.

0 Likes