Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q6 turns itself on

(Topic created on: 03-04-2018 11:34 AM)
Lockers84
First Poster
Options

Hi all

Bought a new TV at the weekend - it is absolutely quality, fantastic sound and picture. However, the TV has started turning itself on at night for no reason - very annoying. Also, since getting the new TV the Sky box turns itself off - but TV stays on!

Have done a factory reset and turned off HDMI-CEC to see if that helps. Is this a firmware issue or a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

The TV - if similar to a Q7 - will turn itself on if it detects a signal. As an example - if I turn either my skybox or PS4 on with the TV off, as either system boots the TV will turn itself on. On the flipside, if I turn either of these systems off the TV won't turn off - just displaying a signal not detected message.  I cannot see how the TV could turn your sky off, but what might be worth checking is your power saving options on both devices and see what they are set to do.  Additionally do you have anything else connected that might be providing a signal to the TV?

Lockers84
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the response, I should have added that the TV switches itself on in the middle of the night - while no other signal (Sky/PS4) would be active. 

I will check the power saving settings - thanks!

Also only Sky and PS4 are connected using One Connect, neither through the HDMI-ARC

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Bizarrely, I have just returned home to find both my Sky and TV on! Most odd but will continue to monitor. Let us know how you get on or find any culprit. 

0 Likes
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

hi, did you come up with a solution to the issue of your tv turning itself on at night? 

Mine is doing the same thing and it's very annoying!

0 Likes
szocher
Explorer
Options

Try this:  Settings ) Broadcasting ) Auto Tuning Settings ) Wake-up Timer 

0 Likes
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When I go to settings although I can see the broadcasting section it is not available to select. I do not have an aerial connected from the roof, is this why that section  won't let me access it?

I have a sky q box connected and a Nintendo switch.

0 Likes
Lockers84
First Poster
Options

Hi we turned off HDMI-CEC which stopped the tv turning on at any time of night/day but our sky box keeps turning on still.... i assume theres a signal being sent from the tv to the sky box via the OneConnect box as this never happened before. Have reset back to defaults but nothing helps. 

Really shocking that this happens, TVs trying to be too smart, always bought Samsung but not sure i would again

0 Likes
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

Hi, how do I turn off HDMI-CEC? 

thanks 

0 Likes
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

Actually just found "anytime+(HDMI-CEC)". I assume this is it?

Now to identify why it keeps telling me I have a "network cable disconnected " only to tell me "network cable connected" seconds later and then on repeat between the two!

Great tv but so frustrating.

0 Likes