Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 09:31 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options
I just disabled mine for when I use the Q8FN. No reboots with it disabled. Sucks though, cuz this feature is why I bought this th in the first place
Masq
Navigator
Options
Go to Settings->General->External Device Manager->Game Mode Sertings

FreeSync is in there. Set it to Off.
reedogeo
First Poster
Options

Thanks! I will see if that stops the rebooting.  I am not sure I will even notice it's off maybe.

0 Likes
n1ghttrap
Journeyman
Options
>just turn a defining, high value feature off
I bought this model and a video card for that reason. Until the LG C9 gets patched this is among the few relatively reasonably priced displays of this size with this feature. Unacceptable.
JulienD
Apprentice
Options

Here same problem.

When I'm playing on my xbox the TV reboot randomly without any further notice.

I'm very frustrated as I can see I'm not the only one. This TV was supposed to be the TOP of Samsung series and more and more I regret my choice. 

I have disabled the feeesync to see if it change anything but this is just not acceptable.

Where is the samaung support if any?

Julien

SKill4Reel
First Poster
Options

This issue is also happeneing on my 55" Class Q7FN.  Always with XBXOX ONE X.

Jmob
First Poster
Options

Hi. I'm new to the forum and have a similar issue. I have a 2018 55Q9FN and I'm experiencing sudden reboots, but I'm not using an Xbox One X. TV suddenly reboots when watching TV or Netflix. This varies, sometimes 5-10min after powering on the tv, sometimes after 1 hour. After one reboot tv seems to be ok. Anyone else having this same issue, without using a game console? 

0 Likes
NickNack7
Apprentice
Options

@Jmob I've had the issue with my Xbox One X and while watching movies from an external 4K hard drive as well as Netflix. Most of the time it's definitely been on my Xbox One X and it's really really annoying. What angers me the most is Samsungs lack of response to this issue, because it's been non existent. If this continues on my TV then I'm contacting Richer Sounds here in the U.K, because this is absolutely unacceptable for a premium priced TV. The Freesync feature was one of the main reasons why I bought this TV as I also have it hooked up to my gaming PC as well as my Xbox One X. Now the advice appears to be turning it off, which is fine, but the fact remains we shouldn't have to resort to doing this in the first place.

Masq
Navigator
Options

I have only had this issue using Xbox One X.

0 Likes
JulienD
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have disabled the free sync but not later that today my 75Q9 rebooted without any notice.

Is samsung reading our post or support doesn't exist ?

Its a shame that I cant give my TV back and get refund because now I extremely disappointed by Samsung

Julien

0 Likes