Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 10:07 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options

Omg that's awful! Samsung QC has gone out the window the last few years!

i have also noticed that since FW 1290.4 my PS4 now loses sync with the TV for approx 3-4 secs every 30 mins or so. Haven't had this issue with Xbox One. Both are going into the same HDMI input on the Q8FN (routed through my DENON AVR). 

This never happened pre 1290.4

0 Likes
Insanecubanboy
Apprentice
Options

No, it was like that before the update. 

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Never experienced it then over 100s of hours of PS4 usage. 

The diminished Game Mode picture quality with 1290.4 really needs to be fixed. I can deal with the other minor BS.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi just noticed while looking into any other reports the 1290.4 may have caused problems with some owners sets. That the latest firmware on the Samsung site states 1335.0 has anyone actually updated to this version and does anyone know what changes this firmware introduces? 

My tv does not find the update in the usual update procedure. Which to be honest it didn't on the 12.90 so I will dig out my USB pen and try it that way if this is a worthwhile update. After the last one I found no more tv crashes with xbox one so dont want to risk changing it again if this firmware doesn't do much in the way of changing the tv settings or at least improve 

0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Supported models:

- Model : RU8000, Q60RA, Q70RA, Q80RA, Q90RA, Q900RB, LS03, LS01
- Version : 1335.0
- Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-qled-tv-q90r-series?CID=afl-ecomm-cjn-cha-092...

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Many thanks for that
so wonder what the improved bits actually mean lol compared to what?
Anyone running this for a week or so got any feedback
Happy new year to you all
0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

1290.4 drastically dimished the TVs backlight brightness in Game Mode. Almost no one even noticed this right away, and no one reported it, so I updated and am stuck with this garbage update. 

im not doing any further updates until they have been out for weeks and have been thoroughly tested. 

personally I'd rather have the superior picture quality from the previous FWs (the reason I paid a premium for thosnTV), even if it means dealing with the FreeSync reboot occasionally (or simply just turn FreeSync off).

as it stands now, my Sony X900F has a better picture for gaming, and that TV was $900 less.

im so over Samsung

0 Likes
Chris123456
Apprentice
Options

You have a Q9FN?

I have only used 1290fw with my TV but the backlight seemed perfectly bright enough to me, I had to run it down a little to stop giving me headache. I play in a very dimly lit room.

I'm sure you have, but- turn ambient light setting off?

I used settings; back light 50, brightness -3, contrast 50, sharpness 0, local dimming high, cantrast enhance high, colour 26.

Make sure the HDMI UHD setting is on in the settings.

The problems I noticed were if sharpness was not off then the picture would dim very noticeably ONLY when the camera pan'd, when the image was static then the brightness would come back. ( I don't mind this setting off though so it's not a big deal.)

The only real gripe I noticed (although I have to look very carefully) was the image split into vertical bars when I pan'd the camera in my game horizontally.

I _think_ this is some kind of refresh rate and screen tearing issue and the "bars" were vertical because I was moving the image horizontally. I think... Perhaps made more apparent because it is a 55" television.

With a PS4 with no freesync though.

I do have freesync and a 144hz monitor I use for gaming on PC though, so maybe that is why I can notice tearing when I play on the televsion.

With those settings I was perfectly happy with the pq otherwise and the backlight seemed ok...

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Masq

Seems very strange you have noticed a dimming problem I have not noticed this at all on my 65nu8000 and it did solve the issue of crashing the tv.
I would double check all the settings because in the release notes it does not mention a change to the backlight of your TV
0 Likes
Klamath
Apprentice
Options

I also have problems with this update on My Q9FN - brigtness and faded colors expecially on Game mode HDR and on movie HDR (Netflix). Maybe not all TVs modela were afected, i am waiting for support from Samsung. The image brightness and colors are far worse now than on My Old JS9500.