Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 06-12-2019 05:42 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options
Yeah, I was using HDMI 4 previously since it’s the arc input. When I initially did the update I was playing Xbox One, the TV prompted me to update. Went ahead and did that, TV re-started, and I immediately noticed the difference in the screen. I wouldn’t think that this would cause any issues with a specific HDMI port, but who knows...

Right now I am going through HDMI 3, and everything is good.

I may connect the Xbox directly to HDMI 1 so I can use FreeSync (since it’s now working)
antoniovidaljr
Explorer
Options

I really hope they didn't mess with the arc input.    If it's bad fix it please

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Masq

Yeah that is the best option i think run your xbox to hdmi1 and you can adjust picture etc for that input only and switch in the game mode. Just still haven't worked out when I purchased the tv connected up straight away it identified xbox one and switched to game mode on it's own. And for some reason it stopped seeing it as an xbox and just says unknown source. So just set it to game mode manually and been fine on freesync as well since the update 

0 Likes
Insanecubanboy
Apprentice
Options

Q9fn here. Everything looks fine after the update. My only issue now, and this has been going on for a while, is that when the freesync setting is turned on, the auto latency mode (game mode), will not only turn on when playing games, but also when running apps like Netflix, or even when in the dashboard. Do you guys have the same issue. Is there a way to fix it, other than manually turn it off, of course?

0 Likes
Kwilson
Journeyman
Options

I've always had this problem. I actually think it's something that Microsoft will need to fix on the XBox so it doesn't send a "game" signal to the tv when opening video apps. I could be wrong.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
Are you watching netflix from the tv itself?
Also worth looking at when you selected game mode did you leave the apply to all sources on. It only needs to be on the input your console is plugged onto not the other inputs
0 Likes
Kwilson
Journeyman
Options

A lot of people (myself included) use the XBox for video entertainment as well as video games. Switching between the console and the TV apps requires using a second "remote" (the xbox controller can't control the TV apps).
It would be ideal if the TV or XBox allowed the user to select which "apps" used Game Mode. Or at minimum the system should have a toggle for "Just Games" or "All Video Functions".

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
It could be i guess they.always messing with the dashboard behind the scenes of the xbox operating system so maybe that's where the problem lies. Although I did turn off the other option on display setting that says may help some 4k tv displays
0 Likes
WRB
Journeyman
Options

For me the tv switches to game mode automatically only when I launch a game on the Xbox. In the home screen or other Xbox apps, it switches back to game mode off. There is a setting within the Xbox display settings to allow the console to automatically enable low latency mode on your tv. Perhaps it is counter intiitive, but I find when turning that setting on, it forces the tv to always stay in game mode, regardless of whether you're actually in a game or not. Leaving that setting off results in it switching on or off depending on what you're actually doing.

0 Likes
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

It's all or none boys. Xbox doesn't give a ***** about what you are playing, if auto low latency is engaged, you get it for any game or app running off the Xbox, period.

This a Microsoft issue, not a Samsung issue. Only way around it is to use an external device like Chromecast, or a built in app on the TV etc.

As you have all noted, 'ALL' and 'VRR' should be source selectable, meaning a check box system to differentiate what video functions are applied depending on the content being used.

0 Likes