Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 01-12-2019 04:48 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
I don't know why it's not picking up over the internet or normal tv update. But it is a really simple process to get onto a usb
0 Likes
Simonzo
Journeyman
Options

I got update through the tv yesterday all seems good so far.👍

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Got the update notification through the TV today.

Against my better judgement, went ahead and accepted. 

Samsung messed around around with other functions, not just the FreeSync. 

Immediately after the update I noticed a reduction in color vibrancy (was playing Xbox one at the time, immediately noticed the drop). The overall brightness of the screen has been decreased. 2 others in another topic here noticed this as well. see link:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Upgrade-File-USB-type-ver-1290-4-What-does-it-improve-on-the/...

I then turned on my PS4, noticed that the black background and white PS logo on startup didn't look right. Instead of the white logo on a perfectly black background, the black has some "gray and white" in there. Same thing for the white Guerrilla Games logo on a black background when starting Horizon Zero Dawn.

to me it appears that the Local Dimming has been gimped. It doesn't even appear to work.

I'd like to hear others opinions on this. 
right now the PQ is worse than before the update. This is absurd. Samsung fixes 1 thing, but then breaks another. 

antoniovidaljr
Explorer
Options

I think so.   I think they have.   

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

I made 2 videos and put on YouTube. The Local Dimming is definitely screwed up now in Game Mode. The overall brightness of the screen has decreased as well. When gaming I normally have the backlight set to 35. I now have to set it at 45-50 (max) to get the same levels as before. I think this is why colors don't pop as much. If backlight is set to 45+ the colors have their former levels of vibrancy 

in these videos, first loop is Game Mode turned OFF, TV set to Natual and all other video setting exactly the same. 
samurai shodown. Notice the ridiculous blooming around the falling cherry blossoms in the 2nd loop with Game Mode on 

https://youtu.be/3CRCGrkcuPo

next video is Horizon ZD on PS4 Pro. Absurd blooming when Game Mode is turned on (2nd loop). Especially bad during the "loading" circular icon on bottom left of screen

https://youtu.be/Fegr7lvG00o

Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

What TV do you have, the Q8FN?

Masq
Navigator
Options
I have a Q8FN, yes
brygalt_hdr
Student
Options

after the update, did you perform a reboot.  put the TV in standby mode, unplug the TV from the power outlet, keep it unplugged for about 2 minutes, then plug it back in, turn on the TV.

I have a different samsung TV and after I performed a different update I noticed that the picture quality was not as sharp as it was just before I did the update.  it looked slightly blurry or fuzzy.  I did a reboot as described above and the crisp picture was restored.  that's why I am asking.

Masq
Navigator
Options
Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried this, unfortunately nothing changed.

Has anyone else noticed the decrease in brightness since 1290.4 update? Some others in another thread noticed same thing.

I reached out to Samsung customer support, but they are useless as ever
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Samsung Customer Service is pointless. They know nothing, they do nothing, all answers are scripted.

Classic example of big comany losing touch with their consumers. Outsourced and improperly trained CSR's pushing garbage over the line so those who don't know better go away quiety.

Never again, will buy Samsung anything. 
Never.