Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 24-11-2019 09:58 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

@Smazza1970 1970EU, Q9FN here, no auto update either

just download de FW Update from support page , extract file to USB Stick

and plug into TV

start Update, done !

no problem

Le_Chuck
Journeyman
Options

Nice!

i downloaded it manually from: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE65Q7FNATXXU/

i've just installed it, will now test

testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

another 10 hours without crash ... i am optimistic that freesync works again ... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you for the update.
I am just about to pop it on the usb and update myself then. I see it does state they have addressed some of the issues including the freesync according to the patch notes kindly posted on here
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi so the update did not seem to work correctly on my tv.
Formatted a blank usb download the windows update from samsung and extracted onto the usb and said failed . So tried the download with the flag folder and copied over the msd file to the usb and the size on the PC was larger than it transferred to the usb but though would give it a go. TV read the usb started the update got to 90% then said firmware update failed itemrsa. Tried that twice. Really strange any ideas? Ir could it be this update is not for the uk? Even though it shows up in the samsung support page for the uk
0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Dont unzip it to the usb, I also get a error that way. Just double click on the exe file and select your usb. I belive the usb must be fat32 formated...

0 Likes
testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

not sure why you don't get a zip file like I did

all i have done is unzip this monster to a fresh usb stick, it was formated NTFS

plug into one connect box

navigate to update on tv and it was found at once

and uploaded asap

update.JPG

0 Likes
antoniovidaljr
Explorer
Options

Format to FAT32

0 Likes
Rafael_39Br
Journeyman
Options

Question: I am Brazilian, and I have 55Q6FN, which site has the firmware to download and if I will have a problem installing it?

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Well finally got the update onto the TV
Had to format usb to ntfs then run the extraction programme and plug into tv. So now my 65nu8000 is running 1290.4 have turned freesync ultimate on so will see how it goes in the xbox one x. Still says it's an unknown device plugged into hdmi one even after a factory reset of the TV
So had to turn on the game mode etc manually but it's now showing 4k display had to select each display mode on the xbox. Will see how this goes then.
Anyone know the full list of fixes this firmware has addressed