Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 05:41 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Leeho
Student
Options

New firmware is released in Korea  ( fw 1290.4 in q6fn,q7fn,q8fn,q9fn)

https://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/QN75Q9FNAFXKR/#downloads

0 Likes
Kwilson
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if manually applying this update with a USB will mess up the TV? I guess worst case scenario it changes the language to Korean right?

https://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/QN75Q9FNAFXKR/#downloads

0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

The software is also out in Norway so maybe its out in your country aswell. You might have check IT out allready. Dont think I would try when I beleve its may be some different. My version is Q9fnat.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi well I guess we need someone to bite the bullet and try it.
To be honest if 1290 version is out there inwoukd have thought they will not be far off general release across the globe and europe so maybe it will come out very very soon
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Just looked on the samsung EU site and it is showing 1290.4 version in there for download. However have run the check for update on the TV a few times today and it does not show up as a down load says 1270 is the latest version.
Has anyone found out if it solves the freesync problems with the xbox one?
0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

I'll wait and see how the new firmware is received before updating. I'm still running 1251. 

my understanding is that a lot of times these FW updates introduce more problems than they fix, and they sometimes even degrade picture quality  by removing features etc (according to TV gurus on YouTube anyway)

Hopefully this fixes problems and doesn't introduce any new ones

testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

EU 1290 installed, testing right now  .... will report back if I encountern any problems

Gamer1
Explorer
Options
Yeah like the phones firmware, downgrade cpu and makes it slow so yeah I have heard this for the tv's aswell.
0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Extracting to usb now, will also report how this goes.

antoniovidaljr
Explorer
Options

Looks like a very bad thing for them to do.   They want us to keep buying new tv's!  Wish I could downgrade to a previous version of firmware, older firmwares work amazing for the most part.