Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 20-11-2019 05:25 AM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Kwilson
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the info. I will try your configuration and see how it goes. Unfortunately, I like being able to control the XB with the TV remote (keeps me from having to wait for the controller to turn back on when binging streaming shows). 

Let me know if you encounter another reboot with this configuration.

0 Likes
BogD
Explorer
Options

I don't think that will help, I haven't even set up universal remote (I'm not interested in this feature) and I'm getting reboots with freesync (though on PC, I don't have an Xbox).

Rafael_39Br
Journeyman
Options

@BogD wrote:

I don't think that will help, I haven't even set up universal remote (I'm not interested in this feature) and I'm getting reboots with freesync (though on PC, I don't have an Xbox).

What is the model of your TV?

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi inxan confirm that I have never enabled the remote control on the tv to control the xbox and it still did the reboot. I am now in day 5 of turning off the freesync and no reboot of the tv since
0 Likes
BogD
Explorer
Options

@Rafael_39Br I have a q6fn, but since the problem is spread all throughout the 2018 tvs and caused by the same thing (firmware updates from may onward), it's likely that what would fix the issue on one tv model would probably fix it for all models.

0 Likes
Leohunters
Apprentice
Options
Amigo acho que você descobriu o problema , fiz o procedimento que você falou e já tem cinco horas sem reiniciar ...
0 Likes
Leohunters
Apprentice
Options

@JulienD wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to share what I did that I hope will help other people.

At least my TV hasn't rebooted since 2weeks.

In fact, I kept the freesync active and didn't change anything in game mode.

Only thing I did is disable the remote feature that enable to control the xbox via the remote control. I was tired of having my xbox booting everything time I was switching on the TV the day after a gaming session.

I know that it may sounds weird but I was like you. My TV was rebooting randomly when playing xbox and I was getting crazy as nothing support told me to do or did on my tv resolved the issue.

It's only since I have disable the automatic remote control of the xbox that I dont have faced any reboot.

Julien

Acho que você descobriu o problema ! Já estou jogando por 4 horas seguidas sem a tv reiniciar ....

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options
They did ha e someone monitoring this thread at one point (months ago), then disappeared and never came back.

I don’t expect Samsung to ever fix this. We’re 3 months away from them rolling our 2020 model TVs. 2018 model owners are forgotten, they already have our $$.
I’ll never buy another Samsung TV
Rafael_39Br
Journeyman
Options
Is this problem only on consoles? Is there anyone who is experiencing this problem on PC too?
0 Likes
Kwilson
Journeyman
Options

Yes, there have been several reports of this affecting PC as well.