Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 27-10-2019 03:18 AM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Jrod301
Explorer
Options
Go with LG. Just bought the C9 and am absolutely blown away by the picture quality. Puts the QLEDS to shame.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Jrod301 wrote:
Go with LG. Just bought the C9 and am absolutely blown away by the picture quality. Puts the QLEDS to shame.

What about the brightness? 

0 Likes
Jmob
First Poster
Options

Called Samsung support yesterday. They told me to change the batteries in the remote, beacuse a signal from the remote could be initiating the reboots. I initially thought: this can't be true. But... No reboots since I changed the batteries and repaired the remote (hold 123+back button, found this on another forum). I find it hard to believe that this was the issue and I will keep an eye on it in the coming days... Will keep you posted. 

0 Likes
RockStar360
Journeyman
Options
But are yo playing on Xbox Jmob?
0 Likes
Jrod301
Explorer
Options
Brightness is great! Not quite as bright as the QLEDS, but not much of a difference that I can notice to be honest. The higher contrast in the OLEDS actually make the image seem brighter to me overall, and I have no issues watching in a bright room.
0 Likes
NickNack7
Apprentice
Options

@jrod I don't think everyone on here can afford to just turn around and buy an OLED unless they're compensated for this bug on their TV's which is highly unlikely.

0 Likes
Jrod301
Explorer
Options
Oh for sure. It’s clearly not a viable solution for most people to just go and buy another tv by any means (still not sure i should have made that move financially, but oh well it’s done).
I’ve since put my Q6F upstairs and now it’s rebooting during normal television watching, apparently.
I’m just very unhappy with the way Samsung has handled this; specifically in the way that they wouldn’t even acknowledge to me that there’s a widespread issue, but they’ll apparently tell their certified techs that there’s an issue. Just seems shady to me.
Getting to publicly announce that I’ve moved on from Samsung is about the only satisfaction I’ll get from this whole situation, I think. I love my LG, but I’m bummed out. I always loved my Samsung products up until now.
Masq
Navigator
Options

Glad that you love the LG OLED. I actually almost bought one of these instead of the Sony X900F when all of my issues with the Q8FN started. 

The "Deal Beaker" for me on the C9 (if I'm thinking of the correct TV) was the built in stand would not work in my entertainment center (which is a major piece of furniture and was a gift from my parents when I bought my home). The picture on the LG was absolutely beautiful. I actually considered also getting the top Sony OLED, I think the A9(?) but it was like $4000. 

The FreeSync resets are a huge issue, but for me the bigger issue is the DSE that seem to plague all Samsung's above 55". Sony, LG, Vizio, TCL don't seem to have these issues. It's absolutely absurd for a top of the line set from a major MFG would have these issues.

0 Likes
NickNack7
Apprentice
Options

@Jrod Don't get me wrong I'm just as disgusted as you with Samsung personally, and if I had my way I'd be happy for a refund, which would give me the option to buy something else. Freesync was one of the main reasons I bought this TV becuase I have it hooked up to my gaming PC as well as my Xbox One X. Samsungs lack of response to comments on this forum is absolutely disgraceful to be honest and doesn't pain them in a good light.

0 Likes
jez_0
Journeyman
Options

Can't believe it took me so long to find this thread, I genuinely thought my tv or xbox was on the way out. I've been having this issue myself for weeks now, most certainly after the most recent firmware but I suppose it could have also been after one of the xbox updates...difficult to say for sure. I have the 75Q9FN which cost a small fortune so really unfortunate that it is having issues like this. Surprising that it seems like it could be an issue with entire 2018 Q range. I get completely random reboots like everyone else here. I've only ever seen it happen while playing xbox, sometimes I can go for days without it happening, one time it rebooted maybe 5 times In a day. Definitely not due to batteries in the remote, I tried that fix along time ago, still didn't stop it. Like others have suggested, it could be the one connect box overheating, that thing does get red hot. I never really linked the reboots and freesync together but that could very well be it as I always have it enabled. I don't know what others think of freesync on this TV but it seems very hit and miss for me. It stops screen tearing in games like sea of thieves and tomb raider which are both 30fps games. But doesn't seem to do anything for the 60fps games like the new Call Of Duty which is targeting 60fps, I'm pretty sure the fps doesn't dip below the Tv's freesync range but it definitely doesn't seem to stop the tearing. Same with Dirt 2, targets 60 fps and generally doesn't drop too low but freesync still doesn't stop the screen tearing. As said above, the only games I have seen freesync stop tearing is in a few 30fps games but even then it's only a select few. I don't know if it's engine dependant or has to be something supported by the game itself, the message has always been a little confusing. Does anyone find that freesync doesn't really work like it should?

0 Likes