Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 26-10-2019 04:53 AM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options
Agreed. It’s outrageous that we have to turn the feature off, considering that that’s the reason why many of us bought a Samsung.

I ended up moving my Q8FN into a back bedroom and using my Sony X900F as my main living room / gaming TV. I have mainly done this because my Q8FN also has really bad DSE which affects maybe 10% of the games that I play. It’s quite a shame, because in every other regard (from using both) the Q8FN is the better TV and has better picture quality. I had to go through multiple Q8FNs to get one with an even semi acceptable screen.

At this point, I would personally just give up on ever having the FreeSync fixed if it meant (for me) to have a screen without horrible DSE.

At this time I am done with Samsung. I won’t buy another one of their televisions. Their QC went completely out the window about 3-4 years ago from what I can tell.
0 Likes
Jmob
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your replies! Seems that in most cases it's xbox related, but in some it's not (like mine). I'm not sure if that's because of the same issue. I'm going to contact Samsung support (Netherlands) and see what they come up with... Hopefully I don't have to contact the reseller for a different solution because apart from the reboots I'm quite happy with the tv. 

0 Likes
Simonzo
Journeyman
Options

My Tv hasn't rebooted in the last three gaming sessions. Unless there has been an update in between or I've just been lucky I'm not sure but I will tell you how it happened.

Firstly I reluctantly turned off freesync as this fixed the rebooting issue.(I just thought I'd wait for an update and try again).

Anyway four days ago my tv got disconnected from the internet and after it had reconnected I put the xbox on and it was if I'd connected to it for the first time.The TV searched for devices and discovered xbox,so I set the app to the home row as you do and carried on as normal. 

I'd been playing for a few days and for some reason I checked the resolution I was on by pressing home button on remote and then xbox app symbol and to my surprise it said I had freesync on 59htz etc.So when the xbox reconnected it has gone into auto game mode and reactivated freesync and it hasn't rebooted since.The only other thing I can add is the xbox was in energy saving mode(not instant on)when this happened.

Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Curiously - mine has not done it of late either. I changed nothing, and never disabled Freesync even during all the reboots. I have not checked the FW...last I did I was running the latest (1270). Will check again tonight to see if maybe one slid through unnoticed.

barring that - maybe I am just getting lucky, but it has been weeeks since it last occurred.

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Interesting. I'll have to try it out again. How long did you game for? I generally only got resets after playing for over an hour.

Im still on firmware 1251 also.

0 Likes
Simonzo
Journeyman
Options

My tv is on 1270 firmware.Not sure if xbox has updated recently.

I usually play well over an hour when I game.

I will let you know if it reboots again as it may just be luck.(fingers crossed)

0 Likes
Jmob
First Poster
Options

Mine is on 1270 firmware too. 1 reboot each time I turn it on, not using Xbox One or different game console. After that one reboot no issues... Starting to think I have a different problem. Because it seems to be just one reboot each time a, hardware related issue doesn't seem to be the case. 

0 Likes
Simonzo
Journeyman
Options

I was hoping my tv was sorted but it has just done the same thing as you've described it turned off as I launched the xbox but seems okay now.

Something is obviously not right but I could live with it if it just rebooted the once before I started playing. 

0 Likes
unrealtrip
Apprentice
Options

I got burned by Samsung with my Note 7 (not literally) and it seems like once again this time with my TV. I generally like Samsung products, tablets, etc. hell all my appliances are Samsung save for my refrigerator; but between the complete absence of support or even acknowledging of the problem, and the total debacle I experienced with my Note 7, I think I am done with this company. As these products expire other brands will replace them.

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options
Agreed. I feel like Samsung as a whole has taken a huge dip in quality, at least from what I’ve seen. I’ve had multiple bad panels with my Q8FN, and I bought a Q8FN only because my $2000 KS8000 died after 2 years. As did my parents KS7000. I ended up buying them another Samsung for $600 without putting too much thought into it.

Not sure who I will go to in the future. Have never had a problem with the numerous Sony TVs I’ve had over the years. Have also heard the new Vizio and TCL lines are pretty good. Funny thing is, my 8 year old Samsung 1080p LCD in my bedroom still works and looks fantastic. And I use it almost every night.

Seems to me like Samsung is putting profit margins over quality the last several years. Sad. A once great brand has descended into mediocrity.