Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 10:29 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Case # with Samsung is  1140533748

Everone should call and reference this case ID. 

Pressure them folks!

Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

@Masq wrote:

Sorry everyone is still having this issue! I went through multiple repair visits with Samsung months ago. I also have the extended warranty with Geek Squad, which was $300. Geek Squad refused my claim because I could never "replicate" the issue during one of their 3 visits.

I then started going through Samsung. Got 2 replacement panels. this is actually a good thing because the previous panels were garbage and had lots more DSE and vertical bars where parts of the screen were brighter (another thing that the Geek Squad tech "couldn't see")

I basically just washed my hands of it, got fed up, and bought a Sony X900F. It's not as good overall as the Q8FN, but it has no DSE at all and no vertical bars. And the picture is still fantastic. 

if I do use the Q8FN any more in the back bedroom, it's with the VRR turned off. 

I don't expect Samsung to ever fix this issue

Dude that is crazy that you spent all that money on a Q8FN and now it is collecting dust. Not right. Please do not let this go...they need to be held accountable for the issue, you are letting them off the hook and spending money out of pocket to get another TV.

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options
Went through many hours of phone calls with Samsung, Geek Squad, Best Buy corporate, etc

I flat out told Best Buy that I would never buy anything from them again if they didn’t honor the extended warranty, I was essentially told “see ya, sue us”

I had Geek Squad out to my house 3x and Samsung 3rd party techs another 5x. Was a major hassle arranging times for them to come out, taking time off work, etc. cut my losses.

If anyone’s interested, here’s a YT video of the vertical bars issue I was having with an earlier panel that got replaced (Geek Squad and the Samsung guys “couldn’t see what I was talking about”)

https://youtu.be/RlUR_stxE6E
0 Likes
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

@Masq wrote:
Went through many hours of phone calls with Samsung, Geek Squad, Best Buy corporate, etc

I flat out told Best Buy that I would never buy anything from them again if they didn’t honor the extended warranty, I was essentially told “see ya, sue us”

I had Geek Squad out to my house 3x and Samsung 3rd party techs another 5x. Was a major hassle arranging times for them to come out, taking time off work, etc. cut my losses.

If anyone’s interested, here’s a YT video of the vertical bars issue I was having with an earlier panel that got replaced (Geek Squad and the Samsung guys “couldn’t see what I was talking about”)

https://youtu.be/RlUR_stxE6E

Geez, that is terrible. How could anyone deny banding in that case? Lol

Dobt need to be a videophile to see the issue there. Next TV I get will be a Sony or LG. 

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Yeah, it was awful. I had other videos that showed the issue much worse, but YT pulled them down at someone's request (not me).

I took my phone down to Best Buy and showed the videos to the store manager after his Geek Squad guy denied my claim a 3rd time.. that's when he claimed to not be able to see the issue either. I told them that I would never buy anything from them again and that their extended warranty is a scam. They essentially told me "fine sue us"

it's been nearly a year since my roller coaster ride with these TVs started, November 2018. It took nearly 6 months for Samsung to get me an acceptable panel... 3 weeks later the VRR issues started 

0 Likes
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Good Lord.

You Tube sponsors seem to be able to control content when it adversely affects their product’s reputation.

Thatbso who’re the roller coaster, sorry to hear bro. If it makes you feel any better, took me 3 TV’s at Best Buy, before I got one that wasn’t messed up in some way. First one had ‘hot’ pixels - very visibilenin bottom left corner of screen. Second TV has a backlight issue, blacks were not black but dark grey.

Third one was/is perfect - aside from the VRR issue. Freesync is a big reason I bought this TV. To have it functioning this way is annoying. By no means an omnipresent issue, but one that didn’t exist out of the factory - and seems to have occurred post FW update - and that is the real burner.

Jrod301
Explorer
Options

Hey all, just spoke with the tech that was supposed to cone out to my house and "fix" my tv, and he said he's been hearing a lot of other complaints about the same issue. He told me he called Samsung, and they told him they're aware of the issue, are working on a fix, and it will be coming out soon. Who knows when soon will be, and I might call them to verify myself, but it seems as though there might be hope.

EStag23
Journeyman
Options

Please keep us updated on this. They need to release a firmware to fix this instead of sending out techs with no resolution

Jrod301
Explorer
Options

I'll update you guys if I find out anything more. Might call tonight if I have time. If not I'll be calling tomorrow. The tech seemed pretty confident in what he was saying.

0 Likes
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

@Jrod301 wrote:

Hey all, just spoke with the tech that was supposed to cone out to my house and "fix" my tv, and he said he's been hearing a lot of other complaints about the same issue. He told me he called Samsung, and they told him they're aware of the issue, are working on a fix, and it will be coming out soon. Who knows when soon will be, and I might call them to verify myself, but it seems as though there might be hope.

Good news! Thank you for the update. Let’s hope this comes to fruition...I will still be following up every few weeks until I get 100% assurances.

0 Likes