Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 04:53 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

I am going to contact Samsung support over the phone. Of course I will probably get someone from India, who is paid to shovel useless nonsense while pretending to know nothing of what I speak.

What a joke. 

BTW I know this is an EU forum, but it obviously affected TV’s globally as I am in Canada. 

They need to patch this issue and fast. Suffice it to say Samsung is now on my $hit list for any consumer electronics purchases. What poor support.

Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Can we get an update from a moderator please - to at least let us know the issue has been passed along to tech side of Samsung and that they are looking in to it?

Mikymi
Journeyman
Options

Is unbelievable same problem in italy! Samsung please fix it, all the time reboot on tv after last patch with xbox one x.

Jrod301
Explorer
Options

Turns out switching cables and ports did nothing, big surprise. 
Samsung has been pretty responsive over Facebook messenger. They have a tech coming out to service my unit. (I'm in the US.) I don't have high hopes, as others have gone that route and it doesn't seem like it's worked. 
If they can't resolve this issue to my liking, I'm never buying another Samsung product again. This bug should have never made it out of testing, and it is entirely unacceptable that it's allowed to persist for months. 
If the tech can't fix it, I'm going to demand that Samsung replace my TV with a 2019, as those models don't seem to share the problem. (Maybe someone here can confirm/deny that) It really shouldn't bee too much to ask to have a TV that stays powered on, in this day and age.

Jrod301
Explorer
Options

I also find it funny that the mods were all over this post when it first went up, now it's just crickets from them. I even messaged weeks ago the one that was on here before, and never got a response, so they're just outright ignoring this issue to an extent.

EStag23
Journeyman
Options

So after I already had a tech come out and replace the board the tv still reboots. I contacted support once again and they are pretty useless. So now another tech is coming to look at the tv. I told them its a software issue and tv panel is fine. I don't know what else they are gonna do. This is getting ridiculous and starting to really ***** me off!! I even told them the exact issue which is the freesync yet they are too stupid to listen or don't care.

EStag23
Journeyman
Options

You were right. Didn't fix the issue. They are now coming back again to look at it even tho I told support its a freesync issue

0 Likes
Mikymi
Journeyman
Options
They don t care this is the problem! So so bad the samsung customer care! I m really pissed off....
0 Likes
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

All the while Samsung is paying time for Tech support to visit folks and swap out PCB’s that are perfectly fine. Double waste of money.

I called them this morning and opened a case...sent them the links for the various forum threads on which this is being discussed. She told me she would text me the case # once she compiled all the info and sent off to tech support for review.

Of course - I have not received a case # yet. 

I will call back again...and again, and keep harassing them until someone hears me and takes this issue seriously. I suggest you all do the same. 

Its time folks - to be a total pain in their *****. They cannot ignore it forever, just need to keep applying pressure.

Jrod301
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had any luck getting Samsung to replace third with the 2019 model? From what I hear those don't have the issue. I just want to know that's an option in case the tech route doesn't work for me. I don't want to be stuck with a tv that doesn't work.

0 Likes