Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 03-10-2019 06:10 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Mikymi
Journeyman
Options
Samsung really really bad about this issue.... ;(
0 Likes
unrealtrip
Apprentice
Options
Just another owner here suffering from the same random reboots on my Xbox One X with freesync enabled. Doesn't matter which game, and I forget exactly when it started but May sounds right. I guess that's what I get for having auto update enabled.
Zuchtbulle666
Journeyman
Options

Just had a reboot while watching Netflix on my Xbox One X...and still no solution from Samsung  😞

0 Likes
Jrod301
Explorer
Options

I tried switching ports, and switching back to the original hdmi cable that came with my Xbox one x. (I was using a highly-rated belkin 10k capable cable.)

I've logged 5-7 hours of gameplay since then, and so far no reboots. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
NickNack7
Apprentice
Options

Same issue for me. Samsung Q9FN random reboots while playing on Xbox One regardless of game I'm playing and once while watching a movie on an external hard drive. I'm absolutely disgusted with this and think this is absolutely unacceptable for a premium priced TV.

0 Likes
Erda
First Poster
Options

Same issues with my brand new QE55Q8FNA (2018) when gaming on my Xbox One X. It’s only a week old so I guess I have to send it back to my dealer. To bad, I really like it otherwise.

0 Likes
LT-Dan
Apprentice
Options

Hey All,
I bought a high speed HDMI cable up to 120hz and certified VRR and did some tests. Spoiler alert: changing the HDMI cable have not resolved the issue with the random reboots.
I noticed that depending on my activities on the Xbox X, the reboots occured more or less frequently:
- 4k movies, spotify, TV via operator : 1 reboot in 5-6h
-Game: Assassin's creed odyssey - 1 reboot in an afternoon gaming session
-Game: Destiny 2 - 3 reboots in just 3h
Something seems to trigger the reboots and obviously it's way more fun when you play a game that can't be paused... I tried to disable the freesync option on the xbox side which prevented the reboots, but if this option is acceptable for movies, the gaming quality will greatly suffer.
Anyway, I hope that Samsung is actively looking into this, these reboots are a bummer and as most said, the VRR/freesync option is why we bought these TVs over the competition.

Le_Chuck
Journeyman
Options

Any moderators or Samsung employees care to comment??

This issue is affecting all QLED 2018 models that support VRR

Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here - my TV is a 2018 NU8000

Only happens when playing Xbox One X. I am plugged in to TV directly and using Freesync. Random drops outs and reboot. WTF Samsung? TV only started doing this in the last 6 months or so.

Extremely annoying.

Has Samsung provides any feedback on this?

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Nope, no response from Samsung in over a month. They obviously introduced this issue in an update since it only started happening in (around May or June). Pretty shady that electronics MFGs purposely gimp their own products with "updates" to trick the masses who aren't paying attention into getting a newer model because they think their older one is "broken"

0 Likes