Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 23-08-2019 01:54 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Zuchtbulle666
Journeyman
Options

I just had a TV reboot again in my Q6FN. I was watching a YouTube Video on my Xbox One X and the TV had a reboot. So the factory reset was useless. 😞

0 Likes
tak1
First Poster
Options

been having this same issue was wondering if update 1270 has fixed this for anybody

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

An earlier post mentioned that 1270 does NOT fix this issue. Haven’t tried myself, still on 1251 since the “updates” tend to break more than they fix.

Samsung, what’s going on??!!?

0 Likes
LT-Dan
Apprentice
Options
@Mitsocupra
For the brightness issue, you may have enabled adaptative or enhanced contrast (in picture expert settings, just before HDR+), they are able to change the brightness. Also, make sure to check in the eco solution submenu (in general settings), you will find the adaptative brighteness according to the ambiant light in your room, disable it. Hope this help!
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Just to let you all know, that everyone who has messaged me I've noted down the info and I've sent it over to the TV team to be reviewed.

As soon as I have an update I'll get back to you either on here or on the individual private messages.

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

jkoebrunner
First Poster
Options

I am having also the same issue, but it is not related to xbox or freesync.

TV was working probably now for 9 Months.

Since 2 weeks, it randomly restarts or starts during the night, with some settings reset (like audio output).

I am currently testing different configurations (no cables connected, eco mods off, etc).

Still no success.

I hope the TV team finds out whats happening.

I don't assume, that all TVs of people have a hardware problem at the same time.

0 Likes
Gg81
Explorer
Options

Since installing the air conditioner there has been no restart since! One connect box may be badly cooled and the box may overheat!

0 Likes
Jafo1701
Journeyman
Options

I've been playing countless hour stretches on my PC with my Q9fn, even up to 8 hour stretches and no reboots.  I don't play a lot on my X1X much anymore but did play about 1.5 hours Apex Legends last night.  Everything worked fine.  Oddly enough since my system locked up and reset I haven't experienced any problems.  I did install a bigger 120mm fan on the One connect box, the overflow air from that fan spills on to the back of the TV and noticed the back of the TV is much cooler also now.  So I'm not sure what exactly the issue is.  Regardless my confidence in Samsung has severly diminished.  Again being looking at other sets once the HDMI 2.1 format gets normalized on probably the 2020 sets.  Hopefully they will not just incorportate VRR but Freesync 2 in other sets from other manufactuers.  I'm also hoping Nvidia allows Freesync to work through HDMI port once everything goes HDMI 2.1.  As of now with Nvidia cards they only output freesync through display port.  Either that or maybe some TV manufacters will incorporate at least one display port input in the 2020 models.  How about it Samsung?

0 Likes
Jrod301
Explorer
Options

I have a Q6F 55” and have been noticing random reboots during destiny 2 gameplay on my Xbox one x. Seems like it’s usually about an hour in that it happens. Pretty frustrating when you’re playing a game that is always online and you can’t pause it. Bought the tv late last year and the issue didn’t start until more recently.

0 Likes
Gg81
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately, the TV restarted yesterday! It didn't fix the air conditioner

0 Likes